2 - An Unexpected Guest

The game started, and the stadium was filled with cheering every once in a while, mainly whenever MSBY BJ scored. It was the first time Y/N paid attention to a game, not just one or two glances shot to the TV while she mindlessly scrolls through her phone. The teamwork was immaculate; the setter did his job so perfectly that it looked effortless. The wing spikers, such beautiful jumps, and hits that gained the team a point. The blockers jumped up high with their muscular legs, completely shutting down the opposing hitters. Whether it was a wipe, a block, an ace, a dump, a spike, or even a net roll, all of them were worth valid points.

The game soon ended with 3-1, MSBY BJ taking another win. Y/N had unconsciously joined the rest of the crowd to cheer for the winning team. Hori was right. Y/N began to yearn for the adrenaline, each time increasing whenever the stadium shook with the voices of spectators alone. The game had finished, yet Y/N agreed to Hori's request to stay a little while in hopes of getting an autograph from the other ball of sunshine, Bokuto. An hour had passed, cleaning services making their way to the empty stands, lessening by the second.

Realising the itching feeling in her throat caused by the cheering, Y/N excused herself from the stands to get to the vending machine just by the court's exit. Of course, her figure wasn't missed by the grand setter of MSBY BJ. As Y/N left the stands, the blond setter followed suit from the court, leaving his teammates confused.

---

The bottle of cold water felt like heaven to Y/N's sore throat. While gulping down her water, she caught sight of the rather nervous setter approaching the same vending machine from the corner of her eye. Not expecting such respected company, her eyes widen as she choked on her water.

"Woah! Ya alright there?" The setter, filled with panic, approached her. Surely, he didn't expect her to act flustered with him in sight and that thought made him smirk inside. His hand snaked its way to her back, patting it gently as she continued her chain of coughing. Soon, the coughing died down, and Atsumu quickly put his hand back in its rightful place.

"Hah... Thanks." Y/N choked out; cheeks slightly red from the embarrassment as she smiled shyly.

"Do I know yer name?"

"I think you do if you heard the hosts earlier."

"Fair enough- Do ya know me though?"

"Yeah. MSBY Black Jackal's professional setter, Miya Atsumu."

I'm honoured."

"Don't flatter yourself. I searched the whole team a few minutes ago. Coincidentally read about you." Y/N answered with a small smirk plastered on her face.

"Oh," Was all Atsumu could say before looking away, saving himself from further embarrassment. Kindly enough, Y/N carried the conversation, "Anything you want?"

"Yer number," Atsumu said out of the blue, his face turning red when he had processed what he said so carelessly.

"I was asking what drink you want."

"Y-Ya should've been more objective!"

"Uhuh, my bad king Miya. Any drink you want?"

"Water is fine."

So, as per Atsumu's request, Y/N pressed the button that led to the icy water she had previously bought. "My treat." She said as she handed him the water. He gulped down the water awkwardly, the corner of his eyes intently watching Y/N's movements. "Cute," He thought.

Silence had passed between them while they made eye contact once a while very awkwardly. It was VERY awkward anyone would've cringed if they saw them. Hating the tension, Y/N cleared her throat, gaining attention from the equally shy setter.

"D-Do you still need my number or what?" Her statement came out like a mumble but still enough to be heard by Atsumu. The way his eyes lit up was angelic.

"Why, yes-"

"Under one condition."

"Whatever it is." The boy was so eager to get the number of the Olympics medallist that he didn't process any possible request the girl might ask.

"Bring me to your teammates and let my best friend tag along."

Atsumu was slightly taken aback by her request, but his surprise was quickly wiped away with a smirk, "I was planning to bring ya anyway. Yer friend can come."

"Great!" Y/N smiled, it looked ever so genuine that it made Atsumu's cheeks red yet again. If making THE Miya Atsumu blush was a job, Y/N would have continuous promotions coming her way. The two walked together with a small chat and amid that, Y/N handed her phone as Miya handed his. There it was. The exchange of numbers Atsumu was dreaming of had come true. Y/N told Atsumu to wait as she dragged her best friend with her to come to court. Need not to say, her best friend was fazed and confused at the fact that Y/N was interacting with such a well-known setter so casually like they were childhood friends. The two may not realise this, but they click together. If someone had passed by and thought they were old friends, such a reason would make so much sense.

The three had entered the court, Hori's eyes shining brightly when THE Bokuto Kotaro had greeted her, despite not knowing who she was. "Do what you need to do," was all Y/N whispered to Hori before greeting the other players. Sure, they were confused, but Atsumu explained to them what had happened previously. Hinata was overly excited to meet Y/N, as he coincidentally follows her social media. Even if he was also a star, meeting another star felt like he was as ordinary as any other commoners.

"It's been a dream to meet you, L/N-san!"

"Thank you, Hinata-Kun. I saw the way you played earlier. You're an amazing spiker, you know that?"

"G-Gosh you don't have to flatter me like that." Y/N chuckled at Hinata's statement, rosy cheeks well in sight. Meanwhile, Atsumu could be seen in the background, face sourer than a fresh lemon.