1 - An unexpected guest

"Come on! It wouldn't hurt to watch, would it?" Hori's continuous nagging finally got the best out of her best friend.

It was a typical Saturday, with no swimming practices or studies for Y/N. A quiet Saturday IS the best time to lay down and do nothing. However, Hori had another idea in mind. She hated the thought of spending the day doing nothing. Being a huge fan of MSBY Black Jackals, of course, she remembered the upcoming match later that evening. One problem; her boyfriend had to attend an unannounced meeting from work, which forbade him to watch the game with Hori.

"Hori-Chan... I just want to lie down for the day." Y/N replied, a hint of defeat subtly heard in her tone. "I'll pay for the whole expense that might come our way." Hori negotiated.

Y/N's groaning went silent, only the ticking of the clock filled the room. She stared right into Hori's soul, not a word leaving her lips. "Should've said that earlier. Count me in!" Y/N suddenly chipped, her eyes full of happiness. Hori chuckled at her friend's behaviour; she knew her weakness is being paid for everything so well.

Y/N quickly got ready, dressing herself up to the bare minimum, a hoodie, a pair of sweatpants, and a pair of sneakers from her sponsors. Whilst walking to Hori's car, she made herself clear that she only understood a rule or two about volleyball. So, along the way, Hori explained to her the rules as much as she can think. The rules felt absurd to Y/N; it was probably the only sport with the most infirm rules.

"Well- I guess I can't argue with that. But I swear you will crave the adrenaline that passes through your veins once the game starts." Hori replied, her tone being loud and clear.

"If you say so- what team are we rooting for?"

"MSBY Black Jackals."

"Interesting name."

"They've got a couple of good-looking players too. Bet you'll want to use your popularity to date one." Y/N chuckled at Hori's statement, giving her a playful side glare.

The two soon arrived and walked into the massive stadium. Hori had reserved two front view seats, which allowed them to see the game better than anyone else behind them.

The place was packed with people, constant cheering and interactions filled the stadium. Light shows constantly illuminate certain parts of the stadium. Players were warming up at the centre of the stadium, volleyballs tossed everywhere and saved perfectly by the professional players. What's more, the chatter of the hosts could be heard clearly. What Y/N didn't expect was-

"And looks like we have an unexpected guest! Sitting front-row here, professional swimmer L/N-San! Let's not forget that she's a medallist from the Olympics!" One of the hosts spoke and the whole stadium fell quiet.

Y/N could've sworn she felt her heart stop when everyone looked at her, as well as the players on the court the moment cameras aimed at her. The big screen revealed her pale face, shocked by the sudden attention. At once, the stadium became loud with cheering and clapping, all aimed at the Olympics medallist.

"W-What the hell Hori? What is this?" Y/N squeaked out with eyes full of dread. Hori seemed as flustered as Y/N was, she sure didn't expect THIS to happen. "I... I don't know, Y/N-Chan." Was all Hori could muster up. She looked straight back to Y/N with an apologetic smile to hide the fear brewing in the pit of her stomach.

"J-Just smile and wave?" There was a twang of fear in Hori's voice, desperate for her friend to calm down. And so, Y/N did. She smiled and waved to the cameras directed at her, flashes of white constantly blinding her eyes.

Little did she know, she had gained the attention of a particular setter from MSBY Black Jackals who was coincidentally focused on the unexpected guest, Y/N.

"She's pretty..." He mumbled to himself which wasn't left unheard by the ball of sunshine, Hinata.

"What did you say?"

"Nuthin."

"You sure? I swear I heard you admiring her."

"Did not."

"Did."

"Not."

"I'm sure you'll want to use your popularity to date her."

"Shut yer trap! Continue and I'll stop tossing to ya mid-game!"

"ALRIGHT- Alright. I'll stop."

Atsumu was left flustered from the short exchange he had with Hinata. He cursed himself out, remembering his late oath when he was younger, to focus on his career and not love interests.

However, even with all his might, the blond-haired setter could not stop the heat creeping on his cheeks and the slight tug at the ends of his lips. The poor boy was dealing with a celebrity crush all over again.