004

〈MORE THAN FRIENDS 〉゚゚・。

Cassie shut the door behind her and just leaned against the door for a minute

Cassie shut the door behind her and just leaned against the door for a minute. She couldn't believe that just happened. It seemed like a dream, the boy that broke her heart had never meant to hurt her after all. If only it wasn't for Tommy H, maybe they could have been something.

"Uh what the hell are you doing." The little boy said looking around wondering why his older sister was smiling at absolutely nothing. "Oh nothing, I just got home." The girl said walking over to her brother and getting out of her head.

"Will had another episode, I think something is wrong. Mike and him didn't even tell us what happened they just ran off after." He said standing there with the same terrified look he had when the boy had disappeared last year.

"I'm sure Joyce and Hopper are on top of it Dusty, don't worry too much those monsters are gone, ok?" She said placing a hand on his back to comfort him. "Yeah, totally, they are definitely gone, yeah." He replied letting out a nervous laugh before taking off to his room.

"Your acting weird." The girl said opening her brothers bedroom door only to find him looking into his turtles cage, but at something entirely different. "Uhh where is your turtle Dustin..." the girl started.

Dustin eyes darted to his sister, he knew he had to tell her about Dart now which he had been pushing off. The boy sighed "This is uh, Dart." The boy started nervously. "What is that thing!" The girl yelled. "Shhh!" The boy covered his sisters mouth trying not to wake their mother.

"He's my discovery, he's- okay I don't know what he is but he needs me okay. You can't tell anyone." The boy said before taking a piece of candy out of his stash and throwing it into the cage.

"See he's cool, he likes nougat." The boy said gesturing her to watch the creature eat the candy then turned to his sister with a big smile. "What is that slimey thing in there..." the girl pointed through the glass.

"About that, Dart kind of... grew." The boy said as he slowly put the sheet back over the cage. "This is such a bad idea, he can't stay here what if he's dangerous. What if he grows to be huge?!" The girl said half shouting half whispering. The last thing they needed was Claudia walking in.

"He's not dangerous just please don't tell anyone." He pleaded hoping his sister would agree. The girl stared at her little brother who she could tell was already attached the the weird creature. "Fine. But if he grows again we're telling someone." She insisted before shutting the door behind her.

••●••

The next day at school she found herself drifting off and thinking about her conversation with Steve the night before. She had also hoped she would run into Tommy at some point so she could give him a piece of her mind.

She ended up seeing Tommy and his friends after lunch, Steve hadn't been hanging around them since him and Nancy got more serious that year. But just as she was about to go up to him Johnathan had walked up. "Hey sorry about last night we just missed each other, I had to bring Nancy home she was really drunk." The boy said.