001

〈 NEW YEAR NEW PROBLEMS 〉゚゚・。

1983, the year Cassie Henderson's life got turned upside down

1983, the year Cassie Henderson's life got turned upside down. Not only did Cassie have to wrap her head around knowing that there was another dimension underneath her small town that harbored the most gruesome monsters you could think up, but she'd come face to face with one.

Between Will's disappearance and apparently faked death, the lab, meeting a real life child super hero, and fighting off a terrifying creature right in her classmates living room, she'd had enough action for a lifetime.

However somehow all of these events brought her closer to a few people she really learned to admire and one that she couldn't stand to be around. Steve Harrington. Cassie had hated Steve since middle school and the circumstances hadn't changed her feelings about him.

Back in the seventh grade Cassie had received a note, from Steve. The note was a typical cheesy "Will you go out with me? Check yes or no." Cassie had always had a bit of a crush on Steve so of course she checked yes.

She passed the note to Tommy H and asked him to pass it back to his friend. Her and Steve were always together every day for the next few weeks after that.

But one day Steve started to avoid her. She decided to ask Tommy why Steve had started acting different and he told her that it had all been a dare for him to ask Cassie out and that he actually wanted nothing to do with her. She didn't believe him until she saw he had already asked another girl to the snowball. She was crushed to say the least.

Tommy told her that he thought she deserved better and he asked her to the snowball. She accepted and her and Tommy dated for a week before he dumped her and the two boys spread a rumor about her that she'd two timed them.

Of course she'd been called every name under the sun because of it. The two boys had planned this whole sick game for what? She didn't understand. What had she done to them to deserve being treated like that?

The two never really spoke and avoided each other at all costs, high-school made it even easier to do so. She knew him and Nancy had started dating and it didn't bother her, she was over it, she was over him.

Until the events that lead them face to face again in Johnathan Byers living room fighting off an inter-dimensional demon. That night she remembered why she had ever liked him in the first place, and no it wasn't just the hair.

It was his heart, and in the face of this demon that he'd only learned of moments earlier he'd done anything he could to protect Nancy. As much as Cassie had pushed him from her thoughts the last few years the feelings were creeping back in.