005

〈SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT〉゚゚・。

Cassie thought about the altercation between Steve and Billy the whole way home that day

Cassie thought about the altercation between Steve and Billy the whole way home that day. The more she thought about what Billy said, the more it messed with her head. No one who wants to be your friend would act that way. It repeated over and over in her head.

The boy had a point, he'd never been protective over the girl like that in the past. However to his defense no one had ever been as persistent as Billy in pursuing her and would usually get lost when she rejected them the first or second times thankfully.

She'd only gone on a few dates with boys from school over the years, but that's all. Cassie never actually dated anyone since her short lived relationship with Steve in the seventh grade.

She always told herself it was because she hadn't met the one but it was exactly that, she had met the one, Steve. It had always been him wether she wanted to admit the fact or not the boy always held a place in her heart even when she claimed to hate him.

••●••

As soon as she stepped foot in the house her brother tossed hockey gear at the girl almost knocking her to the ground. "This is life or death! Put that on!" Her brother screamed before leading the girl to his room where she found what was left of their cat, Mews.

"Is that.." the girl started putting her hand over her mouth at the sight. "Mews.." he replied before handing his sister a hockey stick and heading into the kitchen. "Dustin! Did Dart seriously eat our cat?!" The girl called out to her brother confused as to how that little creature could do that much damage.

"So you were kinda right, Darts from the upside down, he grew again and we need to lock him up so he can't hurt anyone." The boy said making his way to the refrigerator and grabbing a package of bologna before heading to the front yard.

"I told you that thing was dangerous!" The girl said putting the ridiculous hockey helmet over her head and running after her little brother who for the record seemed just a bit too calm about the fact that his pet lizard was actually a flesh eating alien.

The boy left a trail of the meat leading right up to the cellar door and the steps leading underground and then stepped away. "Are you positive he's not just a really angry lizard?" The girl pushed hoping this all wasn't happening again. "What lizard do you know that's face opens up and eats cats." The boy said with a sarcastic tone.

"Ok so it's definitely not a lizard, what do we do now?" The girl replied wondering why she was even taking orders from her younger brother and not calling someone like Hopper who actually knew what they were doing.