Irrational Insomniacs

You'd expected an ordinary day. Going to school, jamming with Jiro in the evening, maybe some extra training with Aizawa if he wasn't too busy grading.

You did NOT expect to find yourself in a jail cell.

You wrapped your fingers around the cold bars, contemplating whether you were strong enough to break them. Probably not. Not that you'd break out anyways. You were in here by mistake. Someone would have to realize that.

Your ears pricked at the faint jingling of keys from the room outside as the doorknob turned. The door opened, spilling in brighter light than the weak florescent bulb could provide as two figures walked in. Leading the way was the deputy who had thrown you in the cell. Behind him....

"Dad?" you gripped the bars and leaned forward to see better.

He walked into full view, stopping in front of your cell. It was impossible to read his expression through the bandages on his face. But you were happy to see him all the same. Why was he just staring at you?

"Dad?" you asked again. "Are you here to get me out?"

The deputy headed back to the door, calling a terse "Five minutes."

The door slammed behind him, leaving you and Aizawa in the dimly flickering florescent light.

"Eiko. Are you alright?"

"Yes. Fine."

"Good. Over thirty people are testifying that you went on a rampage in a sushi restaurant. It's a huge pain."

"Dad it wasn't me! I didn't do it- I was just trying to help but-"

Aizawa held up a bandaged hand to cut you off.

"I know, kid. You were framed."

"You... know?"

"Obviously. I know you, Eiko. Even if you were capable of such actions- which you are not- there's no motive. The real question is why someone went to such trouble to paint you as a destructive delinquent. Any ideas?"

"...No," your mind whirled. Framed. You hadn't even wrapped your mind around the idea yet. Why....?

"I'll deal with that," Aizawa interrupted. "I need you to tell me what happened. Thoroughly. Every detail."

"Am I going to be able to get out?" you asked. Aizawa noticed the way your knuckled whitened as you gripped the bars.

"Yes, problem child. This is a mess, but no one was hurt so they can't hold you for long. Now... focus."

"Right," you straightened your shoulders and gathered your thoughts. Aizawa pulled a recorder from his pocket and dropped it on the ground, tapping the button with his foot. His ability to work around his handicaps was unbelievable. You shook your head, then told him everything about the invisible attacker at the sushi restaurant.

Time flew by and before you knew it the door opened again, overstimulating your deprived senses with bright light as the deputy's brusque voice calling "time's up!"

Aizawa obediently flipped the recorder up with a kick to drop it in his pocket, and shuffled slowly towards the door.

"Don't worry kid," he spoke softly, but it was perfectly audible to your sensitive ears. "I'll get you out soon." in an even lower voice he added: "if only to stop that purple haired genius from planning a jail break."

You laughed at his reference to Shinsou. Only after the door had closed behind him did you realize that it was the first time Aizawa had deliberately tried to make you laugh.

---

Shinsou's POV

Hitoshi Shinsou stared up at the ceiling of his room as he sprawled on top of his bed. The light from his window had faded to dusk, then to night. It was well past 3am.