Halloween

I follow behind Harry and Oliver as we head into an open courtyard for Oliver to teach us the basic ground rules and go over what we have to do as a Seeker and Chaser. I watch as they struggle while carrying the box before they place on the grass where, i'm assuming, we are going to be practicing for now.

"Quidditch is easy enough to understand. Each team has seven players. Three Chasers, which Sophia will be playing as one of them, two Beaters, one Keeper and a Seeker. That's you." He says while pointing towards Harry at the end.

He kneels down and opens up the box that he was carrying with Harry before pulling out a sort of ball that sat in the middle of the box.

"There are three kinds of balls. This one's called the Quaffle. Now, the Chasers handle the Quaffle and try to put it through one of those three hoops, Sophia this will be your job as a Chaser." He says while pointing towards the tall hoops that are in the quidditch pitch. "The Keeper, that's me, defends the hoops. You both with me so far?"

"Yeah, I got it." I reply.

"I think so. What are those?" Harry says while looking down at the two smaller balls that had started to move as if they were dying to come out of its locked place.

"You better take this." Oliver states while handing each of us a bat.

Oliver unlocks one of the balls causing them to immediately go flying up in the air as we look upwards to see it. I slightly step backwards as it comes back down before Oliver speaks up.

"Careful now, it's coming back."

Harry immediately wrings back his right arm that is holding his bat before wacking the ball to his left, where i'm standing, causing me to duck down so that I don't get hit in the face.

"Harry!"

"Sorry."

I turn around to see the ball go straight in between the raised arms of a statue. I give Harry an impressed look as Oliver says exactly what I was thinking.

"Not bad, Potter. You'd make a fair Beater."

I see Harry smile up towards Oliver with a proud smile as I hear the ball returning. I turn around, seconds before the ball was going to hit me straight in the chest before wringing my arm back and hitting it as hard as I can.

"It seems like so would you, Montgomery." He adds before looking up behind me with a worried look. "Uh oh."

He catches the ball before he's thrown to the ground by how hard it hit him. He wrestles the ball on the ground while crawling towards the chest before locking it back into its spot.

"What was that?" Harry curiously asks.

"Bludger. Nasty little buggers. But you are a Seeker." He replies while opening a small Hogwarts crest that was in the middle of the box before pulling out a small golden that is the size of a golf ball. "The only thing I want you to worry about is this. The Golden Snitch."

"I like this ball." Harry says while expecting the small ball.

"You like it now. Just wait. It's wicked fast and damn near impossible to see."

"What do I do with it?"

"You catch it. Before the other team's Seeker. You catch this, the game's over. You catch this, Potter, and we win." He states while giving him an appointed look. "Now, Sophia, since you are a Chaser, you will be practicing with Weasley twins a lot more as they are the Beaters for Gryffindor."

"Wait, why?"

"Well, you have to practice being a Chaser and how to dodge the Bludgers."

"You mean to tell me that the Bludgers, which are made out of iron, could hit me?"