Harry tilted his head to the side and looked at Louis with lowered eyes. "You are my omega. You are my first priority," he said it as if he meant it, but Louis found it difficult to believe the alpha's words.

He would not trust an alpha so easily....never again. He was not naive. He would not repeat the same mistake twice. He knew better.

The drive stretched along quietly past vast amounts of greenery. The constant line of trees soothed Louis' exhausted omega that had been on edge for years. He felt his eyes slip shut as sleep dragged him down slowly.

««««««☽︎☀︎︎☾︎»»»»»»

A bump on the road sent the omega tumbling onto Harry and he caught his slender figure in his arms. He gently placed Louis' head on his lap and rearranged the omega to lay on the backseat. The alpha's fingers ran through the soft hair that sat on top of Louis' head. An unintentional purr left Louis' lips as he leaned into the tender touch. "My sweet omega," Harry whispered as the alpha with a frozen cold heart cracked a miniscule smile as he stared at his omega.

From the brief interaction he had with Louis' parents, he understood why his omega was always hesitant and untrusting. The two betas were extremely unkind about Louis. They did not seem to care and that angered Harry and deeply aggravated his alpha. A soft whimper broke past Louis' lips as he unintentionally scented Harry to defuse his anger. Harry cradled Louis' head as he continued to rake his ring clad fingers through the omega's hair.

The divider fell away as Zayn's voice reached Harry. "Alpha, we are approaching pack borders," he stated almost robotically.

"Thank you, Zayn. Remain formal until we reach the pack house." One single command. Zayn nodded his head as the divider appeared again, cocooning Harry and Louis in silence. "Oh sweet pup. You will learn," he promised as he reached down to place a soft kiss on Louis' hair. Louis curled into Harry subconsciously and inhaled the strong scent the alpha exuded before letting out a gentle sigh that made Harry frown.

The omega sounded pained which was odd considering an alpha's scent should be soothing. Harry did not get a chance to dig further into his thoughts because Louis pressed his nose tightly against Harry's stomach and visibly relaxed.

The vehicle came to a slow halt over a pebbled pathway that gave way to a three storied house that sat at the centre of the Styles pack. The door was opened for Harry and he quietly made his way out of the car before lifting Louis into his arms. A line of bowed heads was what greeted him. "Maria, get the Luna's belongings to my room. Leave the new clothes in the room and do not arrange them." A quick nod followed hasty steps as Maria, a stocky beta with greying hair rushed to obey her pack alpha.

Harry's eyes steeled over as he walked past the threshold of his home and up the stairs. At the landing, the house divided into two wings. Harry turned left and continued with the omega still in his arms. He pushed the door to his room open and laid Louis on the bed before freeing his feet from his shoes.

He tucked Louis into bed before getting ready for bed himself. He washed all traces of pungent omega scents that stuck to him throughout the night with omegas openly seeking a mate and flaunting their scents. He rinsed his long hair thoroughly, making sure that his products were all fragrance free since he wanted Louis' omega and Louis to feel secure.

Harry frowned over his train of thought. He never cared. He never had a reason to and currently, he was simply ensuring he produced an heir. Then why was it that he felt an ingrained desire to please Louis? He shook his head and stepped out of the shower.

He pulled on a pair of long trousers before he pulled the sheets away and settled into bed. A small whine escaped his omega as he slowly shuffled back. "You are awake," Harry stated matter-of-factly.

Louis glanced over his shoulder at hi-the gorgeous alpha and his entire body tensed as he shuffled further away. He did not get to make it past Harry's reach before an arm roped around his waist and tugged him backwards until his back was pressed flat against Harry's warm chest. Harry growled into Louis' ear. "You are not to run from me when you need comfort. I am your alpha. Your needs come before my own, omega." Harry bit Louis' ear in warning.

Louis remained tense in Harry's hold. "Just this once. I will not bother you again," Louis' shoulders sank slowly until he molded himself into Harry's hold.

"Whatever you say," the alpha sighed before he pressed his nose to Louis' neck over his scent gland where the light scarring unsettled Harry and nosed along it. A small whine escaped Louis once more as he tilted his neck to grant Harry more access. "Good pup," Harry growled as he lapped over Louis' scent gland. Louis' eyelids grew heavy and slipped shut as Harry continued to scent him. "So responsive to my touch, pup." Harry's voice was rough and sounded amused or maybe he was laughing at Louis, but he could not distinguish anything through his sleep haze.

Safe.

●●●

I know, I know and I am super sorry, but I'm sort of back. I just need a bit more time, but I am writing slowly again. I'll properly be back after May as I have exams coming up.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Stay safe loves<3