EIGHT

YN.

not edited. mentions of addiction. this is a really short chapter but the next will be... muahahahahaha...

"I'm going to quit."

"What?" Emily's eyes were bulging out of her eye sockets as she looked at you: flabbergasted and confused all in one package. Her brain was large but it was as though it wasn't loading sufficient information at the moment.

You cleared your throat and positioned your body so your chest and face were merging into her air bubble whilst your butt and legs were far from Emily. "I am going to quit," you said, in a slower, far more understanding tone of voice. "This will be my last day and–"

"Woah." She waved her hands around and tightly shut her eyes. "I know what you're saying, but I'm having a tough time trying to understand why you're quitting. Why do you want to quit? This is the BAU! YN, I-I don't know..." She sighed.

You nodded through her mental block and smiled as she placed her chin on her palm. "Well..." you began. "Well you see, there's this agent that I loathe to the point where I'd rather shoot my brains out than ever interact with them ever again. He's far too difficult to manage and I already manage enough on my own."

She nodded as well and leaned close enough to where every firm pimple or forming wrinkle was directly in your line of sight. "What's their name?"

You shook your head and hummed in disapproval. "No. I won't tell you because 1. It is so obvious it pains me. 2. He tries to beat me in everything I do and 1+1 equals 2 and you are a very smart individual so I know you can figure this one out."

She nodded again. For the second time. You figured that might be the only thing she would do by the way she proceeded to stare, squint her eyes, look out into the room full of tired people, nod, then look back at you. "I am assuming it is Spencer Reid."

"Ding ding ding!" you exclaimed with a drum roll. You then proceeded to stand and dust off the imaginary particles on your jeans. When you stood, Emily sent you a look of disapproval. It was either that or she was about to call Spencer to her office and you didn't need that. "But please, keep your winning information, that you earned, might I add, to yourself. I don't mean this rudely but I don't want him to know that I will be quitting because of him."

She scoffed and shook her head. The disbelief was still coursing through her and you couldn't stand watching. It had something to do with the pain of having to quit because of a lousy worker. You were a hard-working, independent woman and you were going to quit because of the genius male worker with a slightly higher IQ and a collection of doctoral degrees.

"Wait." Emily was shaking her head to the point where you thought her entire head would twist off. "Wait, wait, why are you quitting because of him?"

You laughed. You were showing your sharpened teeth and crisp smile you practiced on victims to soothe their trauma. You thought she was only facing a traumatic fall and the information had yet to seep in, but she clearly looked disheveled and clueless.

"I already told you: he's an ass who has no manners and thinks being unnecessarily insolent is hip. I don't want to be around any longer for that." You offered a brisk smile and because Emily looked like a red pepper ready to explode, you added, "So I'll dismiss myself, but you can transfer me if you'd like. To another department or location or whatever you want to do."

She shook her head. "No. I know that is not the only reason you're leaving. Agent, you'd never just leave because of some stupid man." There was a short pause where no one breathed nor departed gazes. "You can tell me, you know."