Chapter 37 - Francisco's POV

This is not a good idea. In fact I know it's fucking terrible but who am I to tell her she can't do something.

As we get ready she's basically jumping out of her skin from excitement.

"I-I c-can't w-wait t-to s-see i-it!" she says while cutely bouncing on her heels.

I laugh at her behavior and pull her into my chest giving her a sweet kiss.

"Baby I wanted to tell you that when we get there people are going to bow and address the both of us with respectful titles. Capo (boss) for me and Regina (queen) for you" I tell her carefully not sure how she'll react knowing she'll be getting so much attention.

"I-I und-understand y-your t-title b-but w-why m-mine?" she questions with furrowed brows.

"You're my partner baby. Even though we aren't married yet it's set that you are the person I want by my side therefore out of respect from my mafia they will address you as what you are, their queen" I tell her softly while looking into her emerald eyes.

"B-But I-I c-can't b-be q-queen o-of t-the It-Italian M-Mafia. Y-You n-need t-to b-be st-strong a-and p-powerful f-for s-such a-a b-big t-title. I-I'm n-none o-of t-that I-I d-don't de-deserve i-it" she tells me her voice cracking while she looks at the ground playing with her hands.

I put my fingers under her chin and lift her head up so she meets my eyes. I go to speak but she cuts me off.

"Y-You s-should b-be w-with s-someone s-strong a-and am-amazing. I-I'm s-sorry I-I'm n-not th-that" she whispers with tears in her eyes.

My heart shatters at how little she thinks of herself. She's the most amazing person I've ever met and I wish she could see how amazing she really is.

"Baby listen to me and listen to me good. You're amazing. Beautiful. Kind. Strong. So fucking strong. You're everything I could have asked for and more. If anything you should be with someone better not a mafioso. But I'm a selfish bastard and will never let you go. You're going to be my wife and the mother of my children. It's only you baby. You have nothing to be sorry for because you are everything a queen needs to be. So yes you deserves the title you have" I tell her while holding her cheeks.

Tears are streaming down her face at this point. I wipe her tears with my thumbs.

"T-Thank y-you f-for se-seeing m-me -like t-that. I-I c-can't w-wait t-to m-marry y-you a-and h-have l-little m-munchkins. I-I lo-love y-you" she tells me while squeezing me so tightly as if she's afraid I'd disappear.

I smile at her confession of wanting to marry me and have children. I never thought I would want either of those things in my life but once I saw her everything changed.

"I love you more. Now let's go show you il tuo impero amore mio (your empire my love)"