009

Averi's pov

"Patrick what are you doing here?"

"I didn't like how you left things."

I sighed, I placed my book down and stood face to face with Patrick.

"I told I couldn't do this because I don't think things would work out with us, Patrick were both different."

"What do you mean?"

"Im a loser no matter what Pat."

"That doesn't matter to me."

He started inching closer. I wasn't mad about it.

Just worried Richie could walk out any moment.

Maybe this isn't so bad, being with Patrick, but I've seen the way he is, how he's treated the losers.

All that was pushed to the back of my head when Patrick crashed his lips into mine.

This kiss was different from the last one, this time it felt more real.

Like we both actually wanted it.

I leaned more into it before pulling away sliding my hands onto his cheeks.

He smiled and I smirked.

"Thats all I needed Averi."

"I lo-"

I titled my head to the side before the door was shot open and appeared Richie out of breath with damp hair, shorts and an old Beatles shirt.

"Patrick? again? why is he always around?" He asked shocked.

"I pushed him to the side and stepped toward Richie."

"What do you want."

"Showers open."

"Go inside."

"okay!" and with that the door slammed shut again.

I turned around facing Patrick again, he spoke up "Can we try? Averi?"

"Yea, we can Pat." I sighed with a smile

We sat down on the porch swing and talked until sundown, which was only about 1-2 hours.

We realized what time it was and Patrick spoke up before leaving, "Hey, im sorry for just doing this so suddenly, I couldn't wait anymore."

"Its okay Patrick, I liked it, a lot."

and with that, he left.