chapter eleven

As per usual, Minjeong got two hours of sleep.
Why?
Because she procrastinated too much and physics is hard. But it didn't matter if it was two or nine hours of sleep because the university student was constantly sleep-deprived.

So, the only logical explanation was, of course, coffee.

No one else was awake but her, and she knew that because she fell asleep on the couch, after switching from the uncomfortable counter chair. Minjeong was thankful that no one was awake because someone would definitely judge her for how much coffee she drank in the morning, and in general.

Unfortunately, much to Minjeong's dislike, Jaemin was the first DREAM member to wake up. It also didn't help that he was just sitting there at the counter, witnessing her drink her third cup of coffee that morning.

"Yo, that's enough coffee for you." Jaemin scolded as he took the coffee mug from Minjeong's hand, making her pout.

"What the fuck does me drinking coffee have to do with you?" Minjeong questioned with hands crossed one over the other.

"I know this would've been your fourth cup, and since you took three espresso shots in your third one, I'm assuming you did in the other two as well," Jaemin explained.

"Stalker behavior," Minjeong mumbled under her breath.

"Well, I'm a medic major, which means I take care of everyone's health, even if I don't like them." he shrugged.

"You do understand that I have a three-hour long lecture that starts in about an hour and I slept for two. How the fuck am I supposed to concentrate on the lecture if I fall asleep?" Minjeong glared at the boy.

"Here." Jaemin handed her something from his back pocket.

"Chewing gum won't help." Minjeong scoffed, throwing the pack of mint gum on the counter. "It will help you to stay awake and focus. Trust me." Jaemin stated. "I would rather die than trust you." Minjeong spat.

"Good to know. Don't come looking for me when you have an open wound and can't explain it at the hospital." he shrugged before placing the pack of gum back into her hand and walking away.

Knowing he'd lash out at her if she didn't take the gum, Minjeong put the pack in her bag.

"Hey, Taeyong." Minjeong greeted.

"I have some news for you," Taeyong stated over the phone.

"Bring it on, captain." Taeyong could sense her smirk from the other side of the call.

"You have a solo mission in three weeks, I'm going to send you everything you might need in a few days or so. And next week is the collab mission." Taeyong said.

Jaemin, who heard everything because her call with Taeyong was on speaker as she was getting ready to head out, didn't like what he was hearing.

"What is a collab mission?" Minjeong questioned.

From the corner of her eye, she could see Jaemin looking at her rather than at his phone, but she didn't have time or energy to start a fight with him, so she just dismissed the thought of confronting him about the staring.

"A collab mission is when two units get together for a mission. One unit can have up to three collab missions in a year, and since this will be AESPA's first collab I paired you up with DREAM since they have most of the collab missions and are the most experienced unit." Taeyong explained the concept briefly, knowing that the dreamies could tell her more if she asked.