Chapter-|2

After his disappointed ending with the roster a sense of frustration and displeaseness filled the air and shown sign even on Cyphers face. 'To loud? Music is loud most of the time so what was really wrong? They all were on their cues and they sounded perfect to him' he thought for a bit. "To loud. I can't believe it. We'll never get a chance to play in front of anybody" he paced "Marty just because you got one rejection it doesn't mean its the end of your career." "I just think Im not cut out for music." He vexed. "Marty, look at me. In your life, you won't be able to please everybody and there will be rejection. They're old so their fragile ears can't comprehend rock music but it docent it mean your the problem. You're really good Marty and your audition tape is great. Beside I thought you sounded amazing. So you gotta send it to the music company!" Cypher smiled.

"What if I send in the tape and the say they don't like it? What if they say I'm no good? What if they say 'get outta here. You got no future.'? I just think I won't be able to take that kind of rejection Jesus, I'm starting to sound like my old man." "Come on, he's not that bad" People nearby chanted "Save the clock tower" Cypher sat down on a near by bench fixing her shoe. ""At least he's letting you borrow the car tommor night for our trip. I can't believe that I finally got some time off. I love helping my dad but he does get stressful." Cypher explained but something caught Marty's attention.

"Check out that 4x4! That is hot." he pointed out a Toyota truck that was backing up into a lot. "Someday, Cypher. Someday." He pulled her up to stand up on the bench with him. "Wouldn't it be great to take that truck up to the beach, take a couple of sleeping bags and lay underneath the stars?" He not so subtly flirted and a light blush formed on Cyphers cheeks. "Stop that" "Stop what?" "That! It will be a pain and a half to convince my dad. He would have a cow. Beside does your mom know?" "Nah, get outta town. My mom thinks I'm goin' camping wit the guys. My mother would freak out if she knew I was goin up there with. She'll think we'll be doin' you know what even if I told her it was strictly platonic. I'd get the standard lecture about how she never did that stuff when she was a kid. I mean look, I pretty sure the woman was a nun" He explained teasingly. "She's just trying to keep you respectable." "Maybe I don't wanna be" he smiled slyly. They smiled lightly at each other when

"SAVE THE CLOCK TOWER!" A woman shouted startling them both. "Save the clock tower! Mayor Wilson is sponsoring an initiative to replace that clock. Thirty years ago, lightning struck that clock tower and the clock hasn't rung since. We at the Hill Vally preservation society think it sound be preserved exactly the way it is as a part of our history and heritage..." The woman rambled on and on until he dropped in a quarter to make her shut up. "Here you go lady a quarter" "Don't forget to take a flyer" she handed him one and they both forced a smile as she started chanting the same thing again and walked off. Cypher was about to start talking again when

"HI MARTY" Cypher turned her head to see a dirty blond chick. Uggg. Anyone but Jennifer. 17 year old, cheer squad captain and loaded with cash. Her daddy was the vice principle and mom was the executive of a fashion company and as you would guess it she was the popular girl in school. Not to mention was obsessed with Marty. "We're still studying at my house Tonight right?" She twirled her hair and smiling all innocent like. "What?! I never agreed to that!" Her face grew tighter. "Daddy said we could. Beside I think it would be best because we want neither of you to get suspended. Right?!" She forced.

"Listen Jennifer." "Please! Call me Jenny. Since we're totally going to be the cutest couple" She gloated. " Even if I wanted to. I'm busy and I have better things to do." Marty explained. "I would seriously reconsider if you don't want to end on the wrong track Marty" Marty was about to say something when a honk interrupted. "Oh Daddy's here! Bye Marty! Oh, Cypher. I didn't know you were here." Jennifer sneered. 'Oh yes you did bish' Cypher thought. "I wish I could say the same but I think by the amount of sparkles you wear I think it would bee physically impossible for no one could have not recognized you. I also wish I could've been blinded by it so I wouldn't have to keep looking at you" Cypher sassed back.