the assassination|karlnap

Start from the beginning

After a few minutes of checking myself out in the mirror and making sure I look decent I hear the uber driver arrive just outside of the shop.

I walk out of the change room and the same tailor compliments me, I give her a smile in return.

"who's uber is this for?" I ask the driver.

"Karl Jacobs, is that you?" he questions.

I nod and hop into the car. I've dreaded for this moment ever since I've been given this task, but as the vehicle approaches this giant villa, I just have to swallow my stomach and survive the night.

"thank you so much for the ride" I smile at the driver and give him a tip.

I sigh, "I guess this is it" I say out loud.

As I walk into the ballroom, the description of dream keeps repeating in my head over and over.

blonde hair.
freckles.
black suit.
red tie.

blonde hair.
freckles.
black suit.
red tie.

blonde hair.
freck-

then I spot him, across the room by the drinks, he surprisingly isn't dancing with anyone even though he's pretty good looking. Hopefully I can get him away from this crowd.

I walk over to the drinks and grab myself one.

"how long have you been here tonight?" I ask as I sip on my drink.

"a while, but it's not as interesting as I thought it would be" he yawns.

"I could make it interesting" I smile into the cup.

he shoots me a confused look but then smiles as well.

"how so?" he asks.

"I guess you'll have to find out" I giggle and put down my drink.

I walk away from Dream and go up the stairs into the long empty hallway. I continue to walk down the long passage and glance behind me, he's following.

I turn around to face him, while I continue to walk backwards, "so you decided to follow me after all"

"I guess I did" he giggles.

shit, do I go up onto the roof or into the room down at the end. I have to think fast.

I start running and open the door to my right, the room is not much smaller from the ballroom. I'm so glad it's a big room. He soon follows in behind me.

"so how are you going to make this interesting" he asks, while he starts closing the space between us.

"I'll have to show you" I put my hand behind my back and hold onto the handle of the dagger.

"you know what, let's dance" he offers.

"with no music?" I giggle.

"yes, makes it more interesting just like you said" he gives me a sweet smile.

I nod, he grabs one of my hands and puts his other hand onto my waist. He gestured for me to lay my head on his shoulder and I do so, as to not blow my cover.

"I know you're trying to assassinate me" he whispers in my ear. It sends shivers down my spine.

I go to pull my head away, but he tells me not to.

"here's what's gonna happen, if you want to live you're going to go back and tell them you failed the task, or you can try to kill me and get yourself killed in the process" I can hear him smirking as these words escape his mouth.