𝖛. Halves & Wholes

◤ 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊: ❛ halves & wholes ❜ ◢

"I CAN'T BELIEVE KLAUS SHOWED UP HERE," Magnus shook his head in disbelief, raking a hand through his hair.

         Marisol shrugged. She knew more factual information about the Mikaelson family than experience, though she had a lot more than others. All the years on the run, learning their whereabouts to avoid them, picking up bits of information about their conquests and loses. Then, from Marcel, updates of the family and Hope – the latest foe they were facing, the lost five years for various cures, and now the lost years totaling to seven as the Mikaelson family departed from each other for Hope's safety.

         She heard more than she experienced firsthand, but still, she had intimate experiences with them.

         "He's done it a few times."

         Magnus turned a suspicious eye towards her. "You never mentioned that."

         Marisol pursed her lips. "At the time, it wasn't relevant. But now he's coming more frequently and the consequences are becoming more severe. I've already called Marcel about it so he can inform the others."

         "You don't contact the others?"

         "No," she swallowed. Her eyes trailed the walls of the bar, "I would've told you otherwise. It's not like I was particularly close with anyone outside of Elijah, and really, I don't want to."

         "Yet you talk to Marcel."

         "He's my friend."

         "The same friend who lied to you, the same friend who let Elijah send you away, and yet..."

         Marisol leveled him a stern stare. "Relationships are complicated, especially for supernaturals. You know that. I've forgiven him."

         "Clearly."

         "But that doesn't mean I have to forgive the others. Not that I necessarily hold it against them either, but, well, if they wanted to talk to me they would have. Seeing as they haven't, I don't feel the need to reach out first."

         "How petty," Magnus viciously grinned. He sipped down his drink, clearing his throat, "But you managed to convince Klaus to stay away? Here I thought he listened to no one."

         "He doesn't, but I reasoned with him. I don't think any Mikaelson cares for many people, but they care deeply for their family. I remember every precaution Klaus took for Hope before she was born, there's not a doubt in my mind he wouldn't do anything in his power to protect her – even at his own demise."