Chapter 1

As Little Mirabel and Abuela sit in the infantry room. For all of the Madrigal kids and grandkids when they are at the age of 5 they all get a special power. "Abre los ojos..... Open your eye." Little Mirabel opened her eyes as she stared at the candle that gave them a house at a dark time. "This is where we get our magic?" Little Mirabel says and Abuela Alma said, "Mm-hmm, this candle holds the miracle that was given to our family." Mirabel looks at Abuela Alma in curiosity and said, "How did we get the miracle." Abuela Alma sighed and thought of the past when her Pedro died to keep her and her hijo's safe from the assassins. As she was about to say something they heard a giggle under the bed and Mira looked under the bed and saw her friend Amalia. Amalia climbed out under the bed and looked at her best friend and the women who allowed her to be called Abuela.

"Well hello Amalia child." The child giggled as she sat on the lap of Alma and said, "What happened to Abuelo Pedro?" Alma smiled and said, "Long ago, when my three babies were born, Mirabel's Abuelo Pedro and I were forced to flee from our home and though many joined us, hoping to find a new home... we could not escape the dangers.... and Abuelo Pedro was lost." Abuela looked at Mirabel and said, "But in our darkest moment.... were were given... a miracle." Amalia looks at Alma and says, "An Encanto?" Alma smiled at the grandchild she adopted into her heart wanting her to have a power like her other children. "Yes, An Encanto." Amalia and Mirabel smiled at each other.

As Alma continued to say, "The miracle grew..... and our house, our casita itself, came to life to give us shelter. When my children came of age, the miracle blessed each with a magic gift to help us. And when their children came of age." Mirabel smiled and said, "They got the magic too." Alma smiled at her granddaughter and said, "That's right... and together our family's gifts have made our new home... a paradise." Amalia smiled sadly as Alma said, "Tonight, this candle will give you your gift, mi vida. Strengthen our community, strengthen our home. Make your family proud." Mirabel smiled and she said, "Our family proud." Amalia smiled sadly and Alma saw this and said, "What is wrong Mi Flora?"

Amalia looks at Alma and says, "I shouldn't be jealous but I can't help but feel it." Alma smiled at Amalia and Mira sat beside her best friend and Alma said, "No, matter what happens Mi Flora. You will always be a honor Madrigal." As Alma said that the Casita was warning the 3 and Alma saw this and said, "Yes, yes, Casita, we're going." The 3 of them walked down and Mira said, "Will you walk with me Amalia?" As she looked up at her best friend and Amalia nodded and they headed up the stairs but something unusual happened and Abuela saw this and knew that she needed to protect this child. For Mirabel didn't get a gift but Amalia was given the power of Water.

 For Mirabel didn't get a gift but Amalia was given the power of Water