Chapter 2: The Mysterious Girl

Clara's outfit for that night is above!

"Mom!" Clara shouted to her mother. "Mom!"

The bedroom door swung open for Clara to see her mom, irritated by her daughter's yelling. "Yes?"

"I feel sick." Clara stated. "My nose is stuffy, my throat is scratchy and I'm sneezing a lot."

Clara ended with a real sneeze that her mother believed. Karen moved away from the door and sat on the edge of her daughter's bed. "Do you think it's a cold?"

Clara nodded slowly with a frown like a 5 year old. "Yeah. Can I stay home today? The last thing I need is to hear Ms. Dillon going on about Algebra while I'm barking like a dog in the back of the class."

Karen caressed her daughter's cheek lightly with a comforting smile. "Yes, you can."

"Thanks mom." Clara thanked her mother with a pleased smile.

Karen got off of her daughter's bed and started to walk away. "I'll make you chicken noodle soup."

"Okay!" Clara watched as her mother walked away and shut the door behind her.

She laid in her room alone, ready to relax when she heard the door open back up. She looked towards the door to see her brother with Dustin and Lucas by his side. "I need your help."

...

"I hate you, Mike!" Clara shouted as her brother ran out of the house.

"I love you too!" He returned.

She rolled her eyes before walking down to the basement. The night before, Mike told his sister about Eleven and what happened. Mike didn't want to tell her but Dustin convinced him to. Clara thought her little brother was nuts but decided to help him anyways.

The way she was helping today was keeping an eye on Eleven for him. She was staying home anyways because she had a cold so it wouldn't be a big problem for her.

She reached the bottom of the steps to the basement with a box of cereal in her hand. She cautiously walked over to the blanket fort constructed for Eleven before she lifted up the blanket. She looked to see a girl with a shaved head in one of Mike's t-shirts. The girl backed away from Clara out of fear.

"Hey no. Don't be scared." Clara whispered to her as she placed the excess blanket at the top of the fort. She sat down across from Eleven and placed the box of cereal down next to her. "I'm Mike's sister. I'm not here to hurt you. I'm just checking up on you and I'm bringing you food."

Eleven grabbed the box of cereal and pulled it closer to her. "Are you Clara?"

Clara smiled at the fact that she knew about her already because of the boys. "Yeah, I am." She looked down to herself before looking back at Eleven. "Hey, since I'm the only girl that knows about you, I'll be here if you need me for girly things."