Chapter 1: How Scandalous

Nancy and Clara stared at Mike in disgust as he poured maple syrup on his eggs. "That's disgusting."

"You're disgusting." Mike returned to the twins.

Karen heard the phone ring and ran to answer it with Holly in her arms. The kids continued to eat their breakfast while Karen answered the phone. Nancy was eating her eggs when Mike poured maple syrup into her eggs. "What the hell Mike?"

"Hey, language!" Their father chimed in.

After a moment, Karen placed the phone back onto the wall and sat down at the breakfast table. Clara looked at the woman, visibly confused at the call. "What was it, mom?"

"Joyce." The mother answered. "She was calling to see if Will was here."

"What?" Mike's voice cracked. "She can't find Will."

"He probably just went to school early." Karen assured her worried son.

Clara thought the same as her mother, not thinking about the possibilities of what happened to Will.

Throughout the day, Clara looked for Will. She checked whenever she had a free period or had lunch. She tried looking for her brother and his friends but they weren't seen anywhere. Clara got worried and ditched school trying to look for answers.

She thought something was up and she was right.

Later that day, she sat down at the kitchen table, eating dinner with her family. She sat in between Nancy and Holly, sitting at the end of the table.

"We should be out there right now. We should be looking for him."

Karen leaned over Holly's plate, cutting a piece of meat for her. "We’ve been over this. The chief said-"

"I don't care what the chief said." Mike blurted out. "We have to do something, Will could be in danger!"

Karen tilted her head slightly. "More reason to stay put."

"Mom!"

"What if I went with him?" Clara suggested.

"No!" Karen responded in a loud manner, getting her kids to be quiet. "End of discussion."

"So..." Nancy began. "Me and Barb were gonna study for the chemistry test at her house tonight. That’s cool right?"

"No, not cool." Karen shook her head.

"What? Why not?" Nancy wondered.

"Why do you think?" Karen looked up to her daughter. "Am I speaking Chinese in this house? Until we know Will is okay, no one leaves."

"This is such bullshit." Nancy cursed at her mother.

"Language!"

"So were under house arrest?" Nancy interrogated. "Barb lives 2 minutes away, just because Mikes friend got lost on his way home-"

Mike turned towards his sister with an angered expression on his face. "This is Will's fault?"

"Nancy, take that back." Karen demanded.

Nancy jolted back in her chair. "No!"

Clara dropped her metal fork on her glass plate. "Nancy, don't be a bitch."

"Language!"

"You're just pissed because you wanna hang out with Steve." Mike retorted.

"Steve?" Ted spoke with food in his mouth.

"Who is Steve?"

"Her new boyfriend." Mike answered.

"You're such a douche Mike!" Nancy shouted at Mike before she shoved herself out of her chair and stormed off upstairs.