On your shore

Kate spotted Tom almost immediately, his height making him hard to miss even though he was sitting in the sand. She walked slowly toward him and sat down, this end of the beach was almost empty, leaning her head on his shoulder. When she did he put his head down and she looked over to see tears settling on his cheeks. She out her hands on his face, wiping them away and turning him to her.
"That can't have been easy for you to hear," Kate said gently. Tom shook his head and turned away, fresh tears spilling from his eyes. Kate moved over and sat in his lap, holding tight on to his neck while he sniffed in to her hair. After a few minutes she lifted her face to his and kissed his lips softly. "Are you OK?"
"This is just, fucked up, Kate." His voice trembled, she had never heard him like this before. "I'm supposed to be comforting you, supporting you. Not the other way around. I just needed a few minutes, I didn't want to do this in front of you."
"I know you didn't, that's why I came looking for you. Neither of us have to do it alone, Tom. We hold one another up."
"You're just so... I can not imagine how you can go through that and not be just completely broken. And you're not, look at you."
Kate pointed to her head. "Big bucket of crazy, remember? I was broken. In some ways I still am. I'm still putting myself back together, and when I said I owe a lot to Zachary, I owe a lot to you as well. You've been like the nails that hold the pieces together while the glue dries. It's a work in progress, believe me. And I've had years to process it, you've just had it dumped on you. Tom, I knew this would be hard for you. I knew you'd need me as much as I need you. And it's OK." He lifted her up so she was facing him, straddling his thighs, and pulled her against him. She could feel him cry softly in to her neck and she held him as tight as she could, running her fingers over his back and through his hair. After what felt like hours she pulled away and wiped the tears from his face. The sun was starting to set and Kate wished one of them had brought a jacket. She kissed his mouth slowly, letting his tongue find hers and wrapping her arms around his neck. After a few minutes they pulled apart and Kate stood up, leading Tom back to the house.

The night before the hearing Tom sent Kate to Jake and Lizzie's house for the afternoon while he made dinner. He wanted her to relax as much as possible, knowing tomorrow would be difficult and they didn't know when it would end. When Kate arrived home she found the deck covered in candles, dinner and champagne on the table. "Wow," she said as he pulled out a chair.
The last few days had been spent between Kate's family, Parsons and Naomi. They had been told not to go out in public if possible, at least until after the hearing, so that there wouldn't be crowds waiting for then at the courthouse. The last 2 days Kate had grown increasingly anxious and Tom had been trying everything he could to get her to eat and relax. She had barely slept since they arrived and it was starting to show in her tired eyes.
As they ate, Tom told her about what he had coming up, and Kate said she had received a proposed schedule from Ed that day. "So a couple of months and we'll be in different countries as usual then?" He winked.
After dinner he led her to the bedroom where he had prepared more candles and massage oil. He gently removed her clothes and she lay face down on the pillow in the middle of the bed. The warm oil was heaven on her skin as as he rubbed her shoulders and neck her tense muscles began to release under his touch. His long strong fingers worked over her back, and she noticed he was particularly gentle on her ribs, even though he no longer needed to be. He massaged firmly all the way down her arms to her fingertips, and then down her back, over her hips and legs to her toes. She occasionally wriggled slightly under him and by the time he was done she couldn't take any more. He pulled her hair to one side to kiss her neck behind her ear and she flipped over under him, realising for the first time he was naked. He kissed her eagerly, his tongue exploring hers while he gently kneaded her breast and she arched in to him. His lips made their way down to her nipples, sucking and licking, down her abdomen to her hips. He slid her panties down and off on to the floor, using his hands to part her legs as he kissed the insides of her thighs. She wriggled a little and he held her hips still with his hands, his body holding her legs.
Kate gasped as his tongue found her slit, so lightly she might have imagined it. Unable to move under him, she moaned as he circled his tongue firmly around her clit, agonisingly slowly. Tom could see her stomach move with her rapid and uneven breathing, and continued his circling, licking, sucking and tasting as she tried to arch her back. Finally he removed his hands and mouth, sliding two fingers inside her and instantly finding her sweet spot, and she drew a sharp raspy breath. Suddenly his mouth was back on her, sucking and teasing her clit with his tongue while his fingers slid deeper inside her. She writhed under him, building quickly to a shattering climax and erupting around him. He continued slowly but firmly until she was still, kissing and biting slowly up her body back to her mouth. As she reached for his shaft, his tongue thrust in to her mouth and he slid his length deep inside her. He was fully erect and she moaned at the feeling of fullness as he thrust slowly, burying himself inside over and over, his mouth never leaving hers and her hands gripping his back and chest.
Slowing for a moment he sat back on his heels, pulling her toward him and on to his shaft. He took her hands and pulled her up so she was straddling him, kissing her deeply as she flexed her control over their movements. As she slid down on him she could tell he was close and he put his hands on the small of her back, holding her close to him so she could move her hips up and down over him. She began to pant and moan in to his mouth as she pushed him deeper inside, and when she felt him explode inside her it tipped her over the edge. She fell apart around him, her breathing rapid as she lay her head on his shoulder. When she melted in to his arms he lay her gently on the bed and put his arms around her, pulling her close as her heart slowed and she breathed sleepily.