Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Jenny? How could she do this? Why would she do this? I don't understand. My ears are starting to ring, and my head feels like it's splitting open. I hear a muffle voice. Someone is shaking me slightly.

'Amara?' I weakly hear a voice in my mind. It feels warbled. My mind is spiraling. 'Amara...' The air around me feels like it's crushing me. I can't seem to breathe. Panic envelopes me till that's all that I can sense.

NO!

That is enough!!

I can feel the anger in me beginning to boil over. NO ONE TOUCHES MY MOM!!! I will END Jenny! At one time she may have been my friend, but there is no coming back from this. I will destroy her. My mind clears, I can see Thane's worried face in front of me. His worry is quickly replaced with a bit of shock.

"Amara?"

"No one touches my mother. Jenny will pay." Thane reaches for my hand, but suddenly jerks back away from me. I am a little bit shocked that he does that.

"Amara," he says cautiously "I know you are angry, and you have every right to be, but I need you to try to calm down just a bit. You have lightening coming off you and around you. If you aren't careful, someone is going to be hurt."

Lightening? This new development has seemed to shock me enough that my anger calms slightly. Once the anger ebbs a bit, the tears begin to fall. I bring a hand to my mouth.

'Thane what do I do? I don't know what to do?!' Thane simply grabs and hugs me tightly to his chest. He folds his wings around as I simply collapse against him.

We stay this way for some time. Eventually Thane brings us down to the floor. We sit there in silence with my tears and Thane gently rubbing my back and holding me tightly to his chest. I can feel myself calming, I still feel very anxious, and I am angry.

"Amara, we will get your mom back safely. I can promise you that."

"Thane, we have talked about this. You don't know if we can do that. don't make promises that you don't know if you can keep." I sit back and look at Thane. He sighs and looks me in the eye.

"My Love, no one touches my family. I know that I haven't met your mother yet, but she is my family. I don't care if Jenny is your friend. I will destroy her for touching our family. That I can promise you."

I stand slowly to see Lucian, Clarisse, Adalynn, and Markham standing behind us, with looks of anger and determination. I nod to them.

"Okay, let's start with this. How does Jenny suddenly have magic?"

"It can't be all that sudden." Remarks Adalynn. "She clearly had enough strength to keep his Majesty out even if it was only for a moment."

"You're right Adalynn." Says Markham "skill of that level takes time and practice. Which means this has been planned for quite some time."

"Also, someone had to teach Jenny how to do magic. I am sorry but Jenny doesn't seem like the person to be able to pull this off all on her own." Lucian comments "Whoever is behind this has clearly been preparing for long time."

"True, so who would want to get to His Majesty? And who would be stupid enough to try and use the Queen Mother?" Clarisse adds.

"I can only think of one person who would be desperate and stupid enough to try something like this. But he should be dead. He was sentenced to death even before I was a statue." Thane holds me just a bit tighter than he normally does.

"Who?" I glance up at Thane and am shocked to see not only worry, but actual fear. With one quick glance at the others, I see this is very bad. "Leave us please." Without so much as a word, Thane and I are left alone.

"I can't lose you, Amara. I'm sorry, but if it comes down to it, and it will. If I have to choose between your mother and you, My Queen, I will be choosing you." Thane grips me tight.

"Thane?" I gently brush my fingers through his hair, trying to calm him. "Who are you so worried about?"

"Years ago, before I was crowned King of the Realms, this man tried to overthrow the kingdom. He nearly succeeded too. Many lives were lost, including my mother's. Because of his betrayal, he was sentenced to death. I watched this man die with my own two eyes."

"Why does he scare you so much? What are you not telling me, Thane?"

"Promise me you won't look at me any differently."

"Thane, how could anything you have to say make me see you any differently?"

"There are those that do because of that man."

"He was a family member, wasn't he?" Thane nods. "Who?"

"Theseus, my older twin brother." 

***Sorry it took so long, but here you go.***