Chapter 1. Blind

Something was wrong, and I knew it.

For some unknown reason, my hands were shaking the moment I touched the doorknob of the main door of my house and realized that the door was open.

I knew that something was wrong; I knew that I was not ready for whatever was waiting for me.

And once I opened the door of my house, the air was knocked out of my lungs and my eyes widened.

The scene that I saw before me was so devastating that I wanted to take my eyes out, I wanted to close my eyes and never open them again.

There was a red floor that was made red by the blood of my mother and my sister-in-law, Ziyi.

I stumbled back a little and I kept a hand on my chest as I thought that I might have a heart attack I saw my mother's wide eyes and her agape mouth.

Ziyi's dead body lying face down on the floor as blood flew from both their bodies.

Tears flew from my eyes as I saw them lying in the pool of their blood.

My body shut down and my brain became numb and my heart had stopped and I wasn't even sure how I was breathing.

I looked around to search for my brother, I opened my mouth to call out his name but nothing came out of my mouth.

I felt like my tongue had gone numb as the dread that I might see the same scene like this as if I go in deeper but I had to see him I gave to find him.

So I walked ahead, I searched the house, my face had no expression and it was cold but tears just won't stop flowing from my eyes as I ran here and there and finally came out in the backyard and I once I came in the backyard I heard a sob.

My head whipped in the direction from where the voice was coming, I ran to the corner of the backyard, only to see my brother Cheng lying on the ground.

And the sobbing sound was not coming from him, I knew that he was not in this world anymore his back was towards me and his face was towards the bushes.

My mother loved gardening, so this place was like a small forest, I knew what Cheng might be trying to do, he was trying to hide her.

With heavy steps, I walked to him.

My tears has dried up at this point as my body was covered with sweat.

Slowly and gently I sat down beside him and with trembling hands, I grabbed his shoulder and moved him a little there I saw my four years old niece Akira hugging her father dearly as she hid her face in his chest.

As if it was the safest place for her in the entire world, I saw her shivering and I knew she was feeling cold, and yet she was clinging to her her father's dead and cold body as if it was the warmest place for her.

I saw blood seeping from his head and I knew that he was shot in the head.

Once again my tears ran down my cheeks as I saw my brother's face, Cheng's eyes were still open and his lips were curled up in a smile.

He must have died while comforting his daughter and his hand was over her head, "Papa... papa... papa..." I heard her whispering.

And I wiped my tears and finally, finally, I gathered some courage to speak, I gathered all the energy from my every cell, and said, "Akira..."

Akira stopped, she stopped moving and sobbing, as I gently moved my hand and touched her head he flinched and I mustered the courage to smile at her, "Akira... come to uncle..."

After a few seconds, Akira finally looked at him and I saw that she was covered with blood from head to toe I smile and extended, "come here Akira. You are safe now."