22 | 𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍

Start from the beginning

When they'd return home for the night however, Wanda would often retreat to one of their empty spare rooms to continue her studying with the Darkhold before joining Carson in bed.

Carson would check up on her while using it. And he couldn't help but notice that she seemed more comfortable each time. Like she was no longer weary of it. Not to mention the fact that she didn't even need to astral project to use it anymore.

But the most daunting thing... well, that was when every time Carson would enter the room. He'd practically feel the book ushering him in, like it wanted him to come closer and touch it, read it, give in to whatever it wanted from him.

She'd assure Carson that she had it under control, that it was just simply a way to understand her powers more and find a safe way to get their children back. And he'd allow it. Because he trusted Wanda more than anyone.

So if she said that she'd go slow, then he believed her.

~~ ᗢ ~~

SHARON CARTER stood in the middle of the courtroom, gripping the edges of the podium tightly as she waited in anticipation to what the Senator was going to tell her.

She took a deep inhale as the other judges found their seats next to the senator and managed to whip up a weak smile as she didn't want to come across as standoffish.

The Senator briefly flicked through the file that had been placed on his desk in front of him. He pursed his lips in thought momentarily before picking up his head to look at Sharon, offering her a small smile.

"Ms. Carter." He began. "On behalf of the United States Intelligence Community, I'd like to offer you and your family our sincerest apologies. The Carter name has always been synonymous with service and trust. Today, we begin to set things right. We begin to repay some of the debt that is owed to you."

Sharon straightened her posture as she prepared to speak. "Thank you, Senator. I've... been waiting to hear those words for a long time."

The Senator nodded. "We'd like to offer you a full pardon." He told her. "There may be an opening in your old division. Is that something you'd be interested in?"

Sharon wiped away the stray tear that was trailing down her cheek and nodded enthusiastically, letting a small breathy chuckle out. It was all an act of course, but hey, she really needed to sell it.

"It would be my honour."

The Senator stood up and smiled brightly. "Welcome home, Agent Carter."

The man began to applaud and soon everybody in the room joined in. Sharon's glanced around at everyone, offering small smiles and nods in thanks.

Once she had been dismissed, she turned around and began to walk out of the room, a smirk beginning to creep up on her lips as she got to the door.

Sharon made her way outside of the courthouse and before she was even down the first set of steps, the blonde had already taken her phone from her pocket to call one of her contacts.

"Start lining up our buyers." Sharon ordered nonchalantly. "Super Soldiers might be off the menu, but we're about to have full access to government secrets, prototype weapons, you name it. Should be something for everyone."