𝙵𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝟸𝟹

Start from the beginning

"Kudo called here?" The client asked, ignoring the name calling.

"He does call once in a while. There's a problem with that?" Ran said looking uninterested.

"So I guess the rumour you're Kudo's woman really is true..." The client said, his hand rubbing his chin in a thought pose. M/n only halfly laughs in his cup.

"Woman?!" Ran shouts in surprise upon hearing this. Both her and Conan blushed a bit from hearing it. M/n is considering that the rumour was said by the school's gossiper, Suzuki Sonoko.

"Who said that?!" Both Conan and Ran yelled.

"Some friend of yours named Suzuki. Says Kudo doesn't go to school, and that you're probably involved!" He said.

"Hah...Typical Sonoko." M/n deadpanned. Sonoko.../Darn her!  Ran and Conan thought, clenching their hands in anger.

"So, what did you and Kudo talk about?" The client asked.

"You sure ask a lot of personal stuff huh?" M/n chimed in, kind of annoyed at how busybody guy is, and it only adds to his list of disliked people.

"Nothing. He told me about good mystery novels he read recently, the J-League, and asked how people at school are." Ran answered the question anyway.

"Did he ask about you?" The client asked.

"Eh? me? Come to think of it, he always talks about himself and never about me." Ran remembered. From her answer, the guy suddenly opened the window, looking around. The noise woke Kogoro up. "W-What's going on?"

"Hey, now! What are you doing?!" Ran yelled at him, getting closer.

"Doesn't it seem strange?" The guy started.

"Huh?"

"His occasional calls mean he has some interest in you. Wouldn't someone like that care how the other person is doing? There's only one reason why he wouldn't ask that. Kudo is watching you from somewhere!" The guy deduced. Which shocked the Mouris and shocked Conan. "Probably from somewhere nearby, too."

"Shinichi...is watching me?" Ran blushed a bit at the thought.

"Well too bad, you're wrong." M/n chimed in again.

"How so?"

"The reason he doesn't ask that particular question is because he would ask me when he occasionally calls. That and I'm sure he would've heard the difference in her voice if something happened." M/n boredly said. The call part was a complete lie, but it did save Shinichi from being called a stalker and Conan was relieved M/n said that.

"Who are you to them?" The guy asked, now curious at how this guy knows them in a personal way.

"A friend." He blankly answers.

"By the way, who are you?" Mouri asked the client. A little drowsy as he just woke up.

"Oh, right. I forgot." He took off his cap. "My name is Hattori Heiji. A high school detective, just like Kudo." He introduced himself.

" He introduced himself