Two Parallel Lines

Transfixed. You had me so undeniably transfixed. Your eyes introducing me to the possibility of a new perspective. You had something I wanted for more than one night. A forever thing. Windows unlocked and unleashed. How is it you envision better than me? And yet, I'm the one alphabetically creating you in my mind. I'm the one patiently waiting to see if my silhouette dinted your memory. Our identities unknown. I replay your subtle movements in my direction, screaming ambition and yet still hiding something in plain sight. I replay your lips, and the colour of your eyes. Did they match everything else about you? Let me think about our moment, and then happily erase it to extinguish the possibility of 'nous'. How hilariously wonderful.

The meeting of two entities is peculiar. The way the two attempt to understand each other and yet remain apart. Attempting to gain distinguishable knowledge without sharing too much. Trying to find similarities in the minor details shown rather than said. Something spoken so silently you yourself could not hear it. You are convinced, if you didn't hear it with your own ears it was not indeed said. Clever. You stand on one side of the vanity and I on the other. There is no bridge, no ladder, no way of crossing paths. We communicate by means of paper planes. You fold the right side just a little more than the left. Your handwriting small, but clear. Ill be sure to burn this once I'm done. If there is no trace of such activity, it did not indeed occur. Right?

beauté cachée derrière les rebords de fenêtres

you would write

You know we will never touch. You will never feel my breath against your skin. I will never run my hands through your hair. Or fix the collar of your untucked shirt. You will always remain a fragment of my imagination. My woman in black. The forbidden fruit. The what if.