Chapter 49 : Queen

Start from the beginning

Karuiwaza  : Yeah Yeah. Don't  worry 'bout it

With that both Kiyotaka and Karuizawa shared one last eye contact as the blonde haired girl gave him a small nod before her eyes went towards Horikita, who immediately felt her gaze and sent an ice cold glare towards Karuizawa who immediately turned around with a small 'eep'.

'Well....There goes the first impressions.'

The black haired maiden then once again directed her gaze at Ayanokouji and looked at him with an extremely bewildered expression.

"Hey...Why is she staring at me now? What is going on? I'm really confused. Please explain me."

'Since they will train together, the least I can do is remove any sense of bad blood between them. First impressions be damned. It's the second impression that counts.'

Yeah.....Keep believing that....Anything to give you as much of a momentary peace.

Kiyotaka lightly leaned on his seat and gestured the black haired maiden to lean closer to him, to which she obliged.

"That girl...I'm not going to say too much, but her past is in a way a little similar to you. And as you've guessed before, under the mask of that rude, bratty high school girl is nothing but a weak, fragile individual."

Horikita's face immediately lost her initial edge as she released a deep sigh while rubbing her forehead.

"Are you serious?"

" Yes. That's why I decided to train her so that she can protect herself, and the reason I'm sparing my time for her is because I believe that her role in this class is quiet big.

Unlike you, who is still not comfortable with crowds, Karuizawa is...And I can use her to maintain the unity among the females in this class. Also, you will join her on the training as well."

"Huh?! Why me? I'm pretty good at Karate. So, I don't need any lesson on protecting myself."

"I don't care about that. I'm not training you to protect yourself.Yours and her training will be different. I'll train and develop you into someone that most people would be scared to go against. Someone like your brother. What about it?

Also, in my training, I'll slowly develop your mind with lots of quizzes, riddles, theories, anything that can improve your brain. So how about it? Want to be recognized as the Horikita Suzune, instead of just the Student Council President's sister?"

And immediately as soon as she heard the last line, her eyes sparkled as she  started nodding her head to his words with an excited and yet determined look in her eyes.

'Just as I expected. Even though she loves and respects her brother a lot, Horikita Suzune is growing tired of being in his shadow for her whole life and wants to make a legacy on her own, similar goals yet in a different way, compared to her brother.'

"Very well then. Acquiring knowledge from someone like  you is definitely a very good opportunity for me to grow."

"You praise me way too much Horikita."

She effortlessly ignored his self depreciating comment and continued.

"And if what you are saying is not wrong, then I'll try to get along with Karuizawa-san. I don't know exactly how she feels since our experiences might be different, however the pain and suffering one faces should never be compared. I promise you, Ayanokouji-kun, I'll get along with her as much as I can."