3.) As Time Goes On

Aurelia

Dad's health was slowly over the months, deteriorating but the effects of time and age could be seen on his body.

His hands became sore and he was quickly losing his gift of playing guitar. His heart was broken, he became depressed which caused a sudden and noticeable weight loss in him.

We all, as a band, as a family spent as much time with each other as possible. Dad began seeing a doctor which diagnosed him with a joint disease, his heart wasn't in the best shape and he was weak.

It broke me to see my father in this condition but he seemed fine, he never lost his spirit. Truly, Dad was all I've ever had. Growing into an adult, the questions of life never seem to come to an end and dad has all the answers. He's taught me everything I know.

He held me when I had my first heartbreak, he wiped my tears when our cat passed. I couldn't grip that dad's health wasn't at tip top shape. When your health starts declining, your timer starts to run out.

The thought of losing my protector, my person, my dad was sickening. I didn't want to even have those thoughts.

I silently hid in my room and cried myself to sleep, hoping and wishing that dad would magically get better.

This time, it's different.

There was a few brief knocks at my door and the door opened 

"Hey honeybun, I can hear you.. you know." My father spoke with the softest voice imaginable. 

"I know dad.. I just want you better I don't want to think about all this sickness shit, or death I don't want to lose you.. ever." Dad's eyes seemingly became soft and welted with tears. "You know, losing people even the closest never is easy, it's never not going to hurt. you don't have to worry about me sweetheart. This world to me is just temporary, someday I'll be dancing with your sweet mother again, around the stars and all of this universe.. and that's where I truly want to be. I can't wait to hold her and be in her arms again, to feel her once more.. when my time comes, don't mourn me, be happy, because with her I'll be. then I'll have infinite happiness."

I hugged my dad super tight and helped him into bed, no matter what he said my heart still had a forever ache just thinking about being in this world alone, without him..