Chapter Three

𝑱

𝑺𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒅𝒂𝒚
The sound of my father in the kitchen wakes me. I sit up in my bed half asleep. My hair is tangled around me and I feel disoriented. What time is it? Rolling over I look at my alarm clock that reads 9:28. 9:28 in the morning, what's today? Saturday. My eyes scan my morning sun lit room and they land on my chair in the corner. Eddie's denim jacket lies there.

Last night Eddie brought me home around 11:30. So thankful dad was working late, I think I would be dead right now if he saw Munson brining me home that late, bringing me home in general.

I hear a knock on my door. I grab my robe and tie it around me.
" Come in." I sleepily groan.
My dead peeks his head into my room.
" Morning kid."
" Hi dad."
" So um, about the other night, at the station. I drove Eddie home. He told me about what happened with Aaron."
I yawn and nod my head.
" Anyway, I'm proud of you for sticking up for the boy. You're a really good kid."
" Thanks dad."
" Oh and Nancy called twice this morning, you should call her back."
My eyes open wide.
Nancy! Jonathan! Fuck. Our plans to meet at Nancy's house last night. Crap how could I forget, I didn't even call to cancel. I'm a shitty friend.
I shove my dad out my door and close it behind me. I dash to my nightstand and dial Nancy's number.
" Juliette?? Are you okay?"
" Nancy hi. Yes I'm fine. I'm so so sorry."
" Julie I called you like ten times last night. Jonathan and I have been really worried. Where were you?"
" Im sorry Nance. I went to the park to take pictures and I forgot to call you guys."
Technically that isn't a lie, I did go to the park, and I did take pictures... of Eddie.
" You went to the park at night, by yourself to take pictures?"
Nancy questions me with a confused tone.
" Um yes. I just needed some time alone, I was having a weird day and needed to clear my head."
" Julie are you okay? We would have come with you, or we would have given you space, I was just worried. You never miss Friday nights."
I bow my head and squeeze my eyes shut. I hate lying to Nancy, and she's right I never miss our Friday night adventures. I didn't even realize with Eddie clouding my mind. Eddie.
" I'm okay. I am really sorry Nancy, I promise next Friday I will be there and we can do whatever you want! Tell Jonathan I'm okay?"
" Yeah sure. But Julie you can talk to me you know?"
" I know. Love you Nance. See you Monday at school."
" Love you too."
I put the phone down and fall back onto my bed.
I should've just told her. But what would her and Jonathan think? Hell I don't even know what I'm thinking. I really do hate lying. But what am I supposed to say? That I stood them up to go to a bridge in a park with Eddie Munson, who I just started talking to literally the day before. That I was freezing my ass off as I watched him eat chocolate pudding and we bat gazed?
Can I even tell them we are friends? We hung out once. What even are we? Ugh. Shower, I need a shower to clear my thoughts.

𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒚
   Shit! Shit! Shit! Where the hell is it? I can't be late today. I have a photography meeting this morning.
" Dad! Have you seen my backpack anywhere?"
I yell at my dad from my room as I frantically search for my bag.
" No I haven't, but we need to leave now if you want a ride to school."
Crap.
" It's fine dad just go to work. I'll walk!"
" Bye kid. Love you."

Ok ok, I had it Friday at school, then I had it in Eddie's car on the way home, and then I brought it with me when we went to the bridge, and then... Fuck. Eddie's car. I left my stupid bag with all my school stuff and my camera in Eddie's car!
I'm gonna have to find him today and get it. But I won't have my camera for the meeting. Shit. Hopefully today is not an Eddie Munson skip day.

I throw on my white tank top, my favorite high waisted blue jeans, I loop my black belt through the belt loops, and shove my feet into my converse. I look at myself in the bathroom mirror and run my fingers through my hair. No time for breakfast, I'll eat at lunch. I'm gonna have to freaking run if I have any chance of making it to the meeting.