Damn it, Mabel.

Dipper took a last glance over himself before pushing out the door, passing the unfamiliar messenger. The world blurred with strobe lights and blasting music and all at once, Dipper regretted leaving the safety of the bathroom. It took him minutes before his eyes adjusted to the warped lighting of the school gymnasium. His hyperactive twin rocketed in his direction, her sparkling, over glittering dress bouncing in her vicinity. He called her name, but the blasting music drowned him out, not even he heard his own voice's call. He pushed through crowds of dancing teenagers and annoyed chaperones to reach the girl.

"There you are, Dipper! Damn, I thought you got flushed down the toilet or something!" Her laugh light the area around them, though her voice was hard to hear. He pushed her playfully and smiled through his stress.

"What did you need?" The slight jittering pattern of the boy revealed the self-conscious fear of a boy on his first actual date. His twin regurgitated his shove and grinned.

"Your date's here. You better get going before he assumes you blew him off!"

"Wait, Bill's here already?! How long has he been here?!" Suddenly everything seemed to be a lot more stress inducing. He glanced around him and tried to make himself look prepared.

"Just go!" The older twin pushed the younger into a crowd of teens. After a few seconds of pushing, the area cleared enough for Dipper to move, but not enough to see around him.

"You look nice, Pine Tree." A gloved hand landed on Dipper's shoulder and turned him around. The blond looked stunning, he donned a yellow tuxedo, black pants, and a bow tie. His hair that usually covered his eye was brushed back, but a black, triangular eyepatch covered it instead. Their faces were extremely close, brown eyes meeting gold and the devilish grin on the boy's face almost touched his lips. Dipper could almost taste the slight smell of alcohol and cologne on his tongue when that close to him.

Oh shit, he's hot. Dipper gulped in the intimidating beauty of his date. His hair seemed to glimmer with the colored lights dancing around his hair. The sharp-toothed grin caught the brunette's eye and he pushed out a smile back.

"Something wrong, kid? Don't I look hot." The unique laugh filler the area and Dipper's heart skipped a beat. They both understood that Dipper was stunned by the handsome appearance of Bill, and Cipher took it as a gracious compliment.

The night ensued with laughing, talking, flirting, and the occasional attempt at dancing. Bill was a phenomenal dancer, wether slow dancing or just casual party dancing, he left Dipper in complete awe.

"I'm going to get us some punch, Pine Tree. I'll be right back." The tall boy sauntered off and disappeared into the sea of students. Dipper stood, awkward and alone for a few minutes.

Oh shit. "Hey fag!" Dipper turned his head to the call of the offensive term. Both of the Pines twins tended to get called out and targeted in school, for both of them being openly gay. Dipper more often than Mabel. But Dipper didn't exactly mind, sure, it was annoying, but it wasn't the worst possible thing, unless things turned violent. Bill usually helped him, and by helped, he meant Bill usually beat the living crap out of the people who bothered him for his sexuality. Bill was known to be a scary teen, he wasn't afraid to fight, or if needed, pull out those pocket knives he carried with him everywhere. That's probably why they chose to bother Dipper now, while he was alone. But honestly right now, he didn't want to deal with this.

"What do you want?" He spoke, hands in pocket and a bored expression on his face. The basic bully and his posse following close behind laughed and the leader shouted out an offensive slur.

"Listen, little faggot." God, did Dipper hate that word. "You and your little boyfriend need to go to hell."

"Hm. I don't know, I tried going there once. Didn't agree with me much." Dipper's stubborn smart-ass mouth got the best of him and next thing he knew, his feet were off the ground and his collar was in the grips of the brute.

"Why you littl-"

"Hey!" The sounds of an angered scream silenced the music and dancing, the only sound heard was that of the cups of punch hitting the ground. Bill was already standing close enough, a face to burst into fits of anger. He was furious, like he always was, but this time, it felt more intense, like the hatred for this bully increased tenfold and Bill was done with this entirely.

The jerk dropped his grip on Dipper lightly and laughed. "You brought your little gay bitch to fight for you, huh?" And with that, the boy had a face full of gloved fist. Dipper fell to the ground in a second and tried to loosen his bowtie immediately. The bully lifted himself back up, blood dripping from his nose and mouth, from the single punch Bill sent flying. By now, everyone in the room was watching, everyone but Dipper, who was too distracted to see anything.

Screams sounded around the crowd and a small clicking sound was audible for a second. Dipper's heart stopped. Bill..no.

He whipped his head around to see, for a split second, a pistol, in the hands of his date, aimed directly at the face of the offender.

"Bill DON'T-" but it was too late. The trigger was pulled and the room was filled with the ringing of a gunshot. It all happened so fast, the death of the homophobic brute. Dipper, still on the ground, froze, his breathing hitched. The blond looked down at his date, the look in his eyes showed no regret, no guilt for the death, and for some reason, Dipper wasn't scared like he should be.

"Are you okay, kid?" There was still blood splattered against his cheek, Dipper could only nod. Police sirens were audible and both of the boys knew where Bill was to be sent. The convict took Dipper's face into his hands and kissed him tenderly, whispering 'I'm sorry' into his ear before letting go. Cops stood behind him, eagerly waiting his arrest. Well, this night didn't go as planned.

~~~

Somehow, Bill returned to school the Monday after the prom. No one spoke of the murder. No one seemed to know of the murder, in fact, it seemed only Dipper and Bill remembered.

"You see, Pine Tree, I have a way with words. I convinced the police it was self defense, in reaction to hate crimes."

"Yes, I get that part, Bill. What I don't understand, is the fact that even though you brought a gun to a prom and shot and killed a student, and they let you off with a warning, and no one in the school remembers a thing but us. Pulling that off with a few words is not humanly possible!" The sharp grin of the teen returned and he came close to Dipper's ear. The warmth of having Bill that close sent a chill down his spine.

"Maybe I'm not human."