Rhaegar II

273 AC - QUEEN RHELLA'S BED CHAMBERS, MAEGOR'S HOLDFAST OF THE RED KEEP

273 AC - QUEEN RHELLA'S BED CHAMBERS, MAEGOR'S HOLDFAST OF THE RED KEEP. KING'S LANDING.

"My dear family..." His father began, lifting his hands in a greeting gesture as he walked towards them. Rhaegar stood immediately, as did his mother and sister, the two of them dipping into a deep curtsy. Rhaegar bowed to the King.

"Ah, stand up now. I wish to dine with my family tonight" The Kings appearance over the years had began to decay, though it seems since Tywin Lannister packed up his bags and his daughter, the King had began to crumble more and more. Rhaegar straightened his back, standing straight to meet his father's eyes. "My son,"

Rhaegar nodded to his father, sending him a small, but empty smile. He had mastered the art of pleasing King Aerys a few years back. Though he had his moments, Rhaegar usually was able to keep his head straight and his thoughts clear when they spoke.

"My lady wife," The King simply nodded his head to Queen Rhaella. She forced a smile for him. The woman had empty eyes, as if she simply was going through the motions of the day.

"My young dragon," His father's voice was softer as he greeted Elaena. Rhaegar couldn't help but roll his eyes as the King pulled his daughter in for an embrace. His hands rested on her lower back as he held her close. Elaena looked stiff from where Rhaegar stood, but their father seemed to have not taken notice.

"Now, we have much to discuss at supper tonight" The King glared his eyes towards the servants within the room, "Bring the supper and get out! I will have no stray ears listening to our conversations tonight" His voice was harsh, and sent the help into a frenzy.

"Why the long face, my Queen?" The Kings voice seemed to taunt his wife, as Rhaella winced. "So much for us to celebrate tonight! Within a fortnight, our children will be married!" The queen walked to his side, placing a kiss onto his cheek.

"You're right my love. This is a time of... celebration" Rhaella almost spat out the words, but turned and took her seat across Elaena. The King, not seeming to notice her discomfort, raised his hands once more, "Sit, Rhaegar."

The Prince felt the weight of the world as he sat down in his chair. The King looked almost deliriously happy. Overcome with joy at the upcoming Targaryen wedding. More dragons in the world would never be a bad thing.

"So, as I've said, the wedding will take place within the fortnight. The lords and ladies of the Seven Kingdoms have began their long journeys to our city, all excited to lay eyes on the new married couple." Though it seemed his father didn't seem to be making a dig at him, Rhaegar shifted. He knew Elaena did not want to marry him. All he could hope for was one day, they would be happy with the arrangement. The blood of the dragon runs thick. The three heads of the dragon would come true. He just needed to make sure Elaena was onboard.