Chapter 2: Fly In A Web

VIPs:

Wattreader7389
GachaEvery
rosechuck_chuck
Tyra_is_day_dreaming
ReptileEdge
Agent-Birdie

Last chapter until Poppy Playtime updates again.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Batman passed out somehow after opening the case. He heard someone whispering in his pointy ears.

"Wake up..."

Batman's eyes flickered open and slowly rose up from the ground. He's still in the same room from where he found and freed Poppy, but Poppy was nowhere to be seen. 

Batman put his two fingers at the side of his cowl to activate his comms unit. "Alfred?"

He heard static.

"Alfred?" Batman calls again. 

After another minute of trying, Batman gave up.

Something's blocking communication back to the Batcave. Batman thought to himself. Yet Detective Mode still works...

Batman went back to the hallway, but found a door that leads to a different hallway. Seeing as he already went through the catwalks, he would rather take this new route. Batman still has the objective to escape the factory, as his original goal was to check to see if the Joker was hiding here.

This place was too wide and complex for the Joker to hide here. He saw three directions. Left, right or the red door in the middle.

Batman chose the red door. He tried opening it, but when the door was locked, he kicked it down instead of looking for a key. He was inside some office and he found a VHS tape with a nearby VCR.

He puts the tape in. 

"Playtime Co. is the product of a great man by the name of Elliot Ludwig. Divorced, but a family at heart. His sights were always set on bringing amazing toys to amazing children around the globe. Ludwig spent countless hours in the factory working overtime relentlessly in an attempt to continuously innovate and surprise. In the 1960s, an unfortunate family death had pushed Ludwig down to his lowest. But with so much ambition, he rose back up and continued to fulfill his vision for the Playtime Co. toy factory. Ludwig could never be content leaving a project unfinished. But just how did one man come to create such an astounding empire? How did he managed to stay determined even after suffering such a tragic loss? It all began in the faithful year 19--"

The tape ended. Batman found a torn piece of an old newspaper.

Playtime Co. was founded in 1930 by the brilliant Elliot Ludwig. Like his namesake, Ludwig was a visionary and creative genius. Ludwig devoted every waking second of his life to bring joy to children. However this relentless work ethic came at a cost to his personal life, as his wife, Molly divorced him in 1930. Despite this, as well as an unfortunate family death occurring later in his life, Elliot never stopped creating. Ludwig revolutionized the toy industry and brought happiness to millions. The world will never be the same.

After reading it, Batman tore the vent cover off the wall and crawled in the vent. When he made it to the next room, he saw two barrels pushed off a high place and saw who was responsible.

"Poppy." Batman looked up at her.

"Oh! Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you." Poppy apologized 

Batman didn't flinch at all.