Marx's Backstory

Marx was born into a family of travelling performers. The reason they don't have arms is because of a birth defect - they're the only one without arms in their family. However, when they were a toddler, it was discovered why they didn't have arms. They were standing on a ledge and ended up losing their balance. Instead of falling, a pair of golden wings popped out of their back and they fluttered to the ground. However, they were told to keep it a secret until they were old enough to perform.

In their teenage years, Marx was able to join the family in the performing. They specialised in trapeze, using their hat to hold onto the trapeze itself. One day, King Dedede and some of the Waddle Dees came to watch a show. Marx's performance amazed the king so much that he went backstage to offer Marx to work at his castle as the court jester when they were old enough. Overcome with excitement, Marx accepted, and, a few days after they turned 18, they packed up to like at Dedede's castle.

However, things soon turned sour after that. King Dedede hogged most of the food for himself, only leaving scraps for Marx and the other Waddle Dees. While the Waddle Dees were used to it, Marx wasn't. They were well-fed back with their parents, and, with every meagre meal, they became more and more angry, to the point they decided to escape. With only their hat and jester ball, they fled from Castle Dedede and vowed to never work there again.

The Waddle Dees searched all across Planet Popstar to find them, but to no avail. Just as the search was called off, the sun and moon started fighting. Marx then remembered about the wish-granting comet, Nova. While they could have used their one wish to save everyone, they decided that if they used it to take over Popstar, they could do what they wanted. They could watch over the whole planet, cause as much mischief as they pleased, and they could have as much food as their heart desired. They just needed one person who truly wanted the sun and moon to stop fighting.

One particular pink puffball called Kirby...