Chapter 7

The couple was quick to catch up as the captain opened a door to another hallway

"We have to reach a locked door at the end of this corridor. This is gonna be tricky." He muttered as he began to tiptoe carefully.

(Y/n) took the lead as Tintin lingered behind the older man. "You wouldn't happen to be related to the Haddocks of Marlinspike Hall, would you?"

She stopped by the wall and peeked around the corner as the passing thugs searched for them on the other side. She and Snowy then quickly hopped to the other side and waited for Tintin and the captain.

"Why do you ask?" "It's for a story we've been working on. An old shipwreck that happened off the coast of Barbados."

Haddock hopped to the other side with her as Tintin waited for his turn. (Y/n) sighed dreamily. "A man o'war. Triple masted. Fifty guns."

Tintin ran over and stood close behind
(Y/n), just as the captain suddenly pressed them both into the wall with a mild glare.

"What do you two know of the Unicorn?"
"Not a lot. That's why we're asking you."
"The secret of that ship is known only to my family! It's been passed down from generation to generation. My granddaddy himself, with his dying breath, told me the tale."

(Y/n) leaned in with anticipation. "And?"

"..."
"..."
"..."
"Gone."

Captain Haddock backed away from them before walking over to a side door.
Tintin and (Y/n) shared a look of confusion before quickly following behind.

"What do you mean, gone?" "I was so upset when he kicked the bucket, I had no choice but to drown my sorrows. When I woke up in the morning, it was gone! I'd forgotten it all!"

The detective frowned in disappointment.
"Everything?!" The captain opened the door and began to climb up the stairs. "Every last word."

The young woman gripped his arm to stop him for a moment. "Well, is there somebody else in your family? Maybe they would know."

Archibald shook his head.
"Sir Francis had three sons. All but my bloodline failed. I am the last of the Haddocks!"

(Y/n) groaned.
"That's great, I guess..." "Did you say three sons?" Tintin asked. Haddock raised an eyebrow as he continued up the stairs.

"Yeah?"

Tintin grabbed hold onto (Y/n)'s shoulders. "I know what Sakharine's looking for!" The bodyguard's eyes widened.

"Really?!" "What are you two raving on about?" "(Y/n), it was written on the scroll! 'Three brothers joined... Three Unicorns in company sailing in the noonday sun will speak.'"

(Y/n) gasped. "Sir Francis didn't make two models of the Unicorn. He made three! Three ships for three sons!"

The two turned to the captain with excitement. He mirrored their faces. "...Excellent!"