Chapter 5

"The victim's name was Barnaby Dawes

"The victim's name was Barnaby Dawes."
Mr. Thompson said as he and Thomson stood together in Tintin's apartment.

"He was one of the top agents at Interpol, but we haven't got a clue what he was working on."
"Quite right, Thompson. We're completely clueless."

"Interpol doesn't have any other leads?" Tintin asked.
(Y/n) frowned.

She pressed the ice pack firmly onto the bandage on her shoulder with a small hiss.
"Steady on, Tintin. We're still filling out the paperwork."

"Police work's not all glamour and guns. There's an awful lot of filing." The twins said.

"Right. Well, I might have something for you." (Y/n) said before placing the pack down and standing up.
"(Y/n), take it easy."

"Tintin, I am fine. I was only grazed. Not even a bullet hole. Just a mere flesh wound. You know I've been through worse." She said as she kissed his cheek and took the bloody newspaper from him.

She picked up a pencil and tapped it against her lips.

"Before he lost consciousness, Mr. Dawes tried to tell me something, and I think he was spelling out a word. 'Carabo' or something."

She huffed a bit, trying to remember what he was mumbling about.

"Ahh yes, 'Kara'. Then, let me see... B-O-U-D-J-A-N...Karaboudjan?"

"Karaboudjan?" Tintin asked.

"Karaboudjan!" Mr. Thomson exclaimed as he took the paper from (Y/n).

"Does that mean anything to you?"
"Great Scotland Yard! That's extraordinary!"
"What is?"
"...Worthington's has a half-price sale on bowler hats!"

(Y/n) turned to Tintin in annoyance, who returned the expression to her.
"Really, Thomson!" Thompson said scowling as he snatched the paper from the other police officer.

"This is hardly the time! Great Scotland Yard!"
"What is it?"
"...Canes are half-price, too!"

Tintin snatched the paper back again.
"Are you going to take charge of this evidence?
"Positively."