Chapter 7 ~ Truth Slips

A/N Enjoy!

Robin woke up when her sixth sense told her she was being watched. Vickie stood over her. "Hey how are you feeling?" She asked. Robin still partially high and asleep looked confused. "My arm is broken?" Vickie laughed. "Well isn't that funny. How'd you do it?" Vickie asked. "Fell of Nancy's roof". Vickie looked confused. "What were you doing on her roof?" Robin laughed. "She asked me to come over and she had to sneak me in but instead I stayed on her roof and it was like Romeo and Juliet". Vickie felt sad. "Are you a thing?" Robin laughed. "No but I liked her for so so long. But obviously I've given up because I'm with you now. Lucky me". Vickie stood up.

"I'm a rebound?" Robin looked sad. "No no. But I did like her. I just told her everything. How I liked her and Barb stole her. Then she left while I slept. She smiled after I told her". Vickie began to cry. "Are you kidding me?" Robin shook her head. Robin began to sleep again. Vickie broke down. Her girlfriend was hung up on a girl who now realises she liked her back. She knew it wasn't going to last but she still hoped. Robin was head over heels for Nancy. Nancy loved Steve and Jonathan. But they all abandoned her. The way Barb abandoned them both.

To Vickie it all lined up. She realised she was in the way of making Robin happy. Which is all she wanted. She couldn't tell Robin. She couldn't break any more of Robin. She grabbed a notebook from her bag and began writing. She wrote a page. Vickie stared at Robin one last moment before leaving the note and walking away. Robin lay peacefully with her arm in a cast. With one signature. Nancy.

Robin woke up finally over the drugs. She saw she was alone. She sat up in the uncomfortable bed. That's when she saw it. The note. Her nurse walked in giving her breakfast and checking on her. "Can you pass me that?" Robin asked. The nurse kindly gave her the note. "You are free to go today Miss Buckley. You have an hour". Robin nodded. She left the note for a second. She grabbed her clothes and changed. She prepared to leave. It was hard with one arm. She waited for her ride. Steve pulled up to the hospital. "Come on I'll get you home". Robin smiled. Robin arrived home to an empty home. Silent. She sat down and pulled the note from earlier out. She prepared for whatever it could be.

To Robin
I know this isn't ideal to hear from a note but I think things between us need to stop. There are so many reasons that I don't think you even realise. You told me in that hospital that you had a huge crush on Nancy and that broke me because it was my final wake up call. I've been waiting for something to push us completely off the edge. You are hung up on her. And she frankly likes you back. I saw your cast while you were sleeping. She signed it. That day when she visited your house she seemed jealous and protective over you. But this isn't all because of her. I think you are so smart and so beautiful but I feel we want different things and it broke me to realise it. I hope you find yourself at peace now. Knowing you don't have to have me as a weight. I want you to be happy. And if that means leaving me for you to find your special person I will go. I wish you the best Robin
Vickie

Robin began to tear up. Not because of the letter but because it was right. She was hung up on Nancy. Tammy Thompson was first but it was always Nancy. When they first met in middle school. Robin knew. She dated Vickie to try and forget everything. The heartbreak Nancy caused. The betrayal. The loss. The pain. But even then she still cared. She looked down at her cast. Her neat handwriting printed on her arm. But Nancy didn't like her back. She felt guilty for her falling off her roof. It was stupid to think that someone like her could ever have Nancy Wheeler.

Robin broke down on her bed. Barb died because of Nancy. Barb left Robin by herself because of Nancy. Robin made Vickie feel awful because of Nancy. It was always because of Nancy. Always her. And even then she would never have her. She finally realised that this was all too much for her. She was going to leave. After graduation run far away. Graduation was in a week. She knew what to do. She needed the help of an old friend. Mr Hauser