24 ~ Sultan meets Ruhani

Start from the beginning

Rehman Bhaijaan gave me the new collection of fragrances that he brought from the last war from a different sultanate as winning. They were really expensive and he gave me the most special ones.

My dearest brother Haider was really sad but didn't forget to bring the special thing for me.

He brought me a sword. The finely sharped sparkling sword made of fresh and heavy metal. My name was dotted in it and I really loved it.

Growing up I learnt sword fighting with Haider and Rehman Bhaijaan. My father always took care to make me a strong and independent women be it with brain or power.

I really loved all the gifts but the gift that my Badi Ammi gave me became the special one to me.

He gave me the hard written notes of my husband's father. We all knew that Aashiq Sultan had a different kind of space in his heart for his father and badi Ammi asked me to give him this whenever I would meet him.

My eyes turned teary as I remembered the pain I saw in his eyes.

The grief and pain that he hides behind that smile and arrogance.

I nodded agreeing that I would surely give this to him and the day passed in this only.

After the dinner late night, I retired to my chamber to get the last beautiful sleep of this fifteen days journey.

I was really happy, happier than I ever been. Everyone loved me and somewhere I didn't want to go back there but my future was there. My husband and the man of my dreams must be waiting for me.

I was standing against the window looking at the bright moon sparkling in the mid night. Everyone was asleep and the noise of insects tearing the silence.

My chamber had dim lighting and door closed. I did wanted to sleep wasn't able to. As my mind was stucked with the so many things.

The dream I saw last night, the worry I had that I might need to depart tomorrow. I didn't even know what Nandani did to bring him here. But, somewhere in my heart I knew that he wouldn't come. Why would he?

There wasn't any reason that he would come to me.

I signed with disheartening and moved towards my bed.

But, before that I had to took off this jewellery and change the lehnga. It was really heavy to sleep with.

I walked to my bathing room to wash my face, hand and feet before the bed.

The normal thing I usually do.

I came back to my chamber and took out my night gown. Before that I moved to the dressing table to took off my jewellery.

I saw my myself in the mirror. And behind in the reflection I could see the window and the rays of moon peaking in.

I smiled with the beautiful wheather and night. Moving my hand behind my neck to took off the necklace, I looked at the window through the reflection.

My ears alerted as I listened to a strange and extremely slow sound.

My eyes thinned and I turned to look at the window.

My hand slowly searching for the dagger I had in my drawer. I pulled the drawer slowly and took out the dagger.

I couldn't move as my anklets would create the noise.

My heartbeats raced all of sudden when someone jumped inside the chamber through the window.

His face covered and I looked at the closed door. I couldn't scream as I was mute. But my heart started pounding insanely and he looked at me.