Chapter 18

I spent most of that night tossing around in the bed and listening to Hunter mumble with Scotty and Murray. Though I had done my best to sound calm, I truthfully was scared to death of the plan we were hatching. The cubs in my stomach were growing at a fast rate and I found myself loving them so much already, I was terrified of loosing them, and knowing Lucias he was capable of making it happen. Shivering I turned once again onto my side and watched the lights flicker under the doorway as Hunter passed. Slowly I closed my eyes and drifted into a rough sleep.

It was dark and cold, but I could hear his breathing, it was so close like it was right next to my ear, then suddenly a sharp pain hit my stomach causing me to double over. "NO!" I screamed as to my horror half developed babies pour from the wound in my stomach.

"Dai wake up!" Gasping I opened my eyes to find Hunter staring down at me, "Are you okay? You were screaming." Gasping I started to cry as I remembered the nightmare, gasping I leaned forward against his chest.

"It was horrible, they were coming out of my stomach and he was laughing and-"Crying I cut myself off and huddled in against him, shushing me he rocked me against him calmly.

"Shh, love its okay it was just a nightmare." Pulling back he ran his fingers through my hair, "I won’t let anything bad happen to you or our cubs I promise." Taking a deep breath I nodded and slowly sat up straight wiping my palms across my cheeks.

"Were are Murray and Scotty?"

"They left a few hours ago." Hunter smiled down at me, "Murray was upset that you wouldn't talk to him." Groaning I rolled my eyes and ran my hands through my hair.

"I don't feel like talking to him yet, give me time." seeing hunters disapproving look I rolled my eyes, "He did lie to me for years you know, it's not like I’m just being a bitch, I mean we were best friends we even thieved together you just don't get that close to a person and forget to tell them your a goddamn panther."

"I know." Hunter sighed, looking at me softly," Are you sure you want to go through with the plan love? I mean that nightmare was pretty bad, and you would have to see Murray." Frowning I looked up at him and scowled.'

"You're not talking me out of it that easily mister!" I jabbed my finger in his chest, "We need to get this over with! We can't have the cubs when Lucias is still around! We need him gone! And if that means me being bate then I guess I am fucking bate, so don't try to talk me out of it! This is for our family dammit!" By the end of my rant I was crying, it was just so damn hard to keep it together, my back was starting to hurt and I was just so damn tired of having to worry about Lucias every second of my life.

Sighing Hunter gently grabbed me close, "I know love, we will get rid of him just you see we can start our family and live our lives."

"But what if he wins? What if you die or me and the cubs die Hunter?" I sobbed into my hands, unable to control my tears.

Hunter grasped my chin, “Look at me Dai." Sniffling I did as he asked and looked up into his eyes. "We won't loose each other the goddess won’t let that happen."

"How can you be sure?" I grumbled annoyed by his sudden optimistic attitude.

Grinning he stroked my face gently, "Because if she does I will personally kick her patron ass." I gaped at him then burst out laughing holding my sides as the cubs violently kicked against my rib.

"You're asking for her to kick your ass right now."

"Yeah but it made you laugh that’s all I needed." smiling Hunter laid down and pulled me down next to him, "Come on lets go to bed we have a long day ahead of us." Sighing I nodded my agreement and slowly fell asleep.