Chapter 15

I felt a pit forming in my stomach as Hunter left to go to the crime scene something just didn't feel right and I just couldn't understand how the day after I escape from Lukas two dead bodies suddenly appeared in the street? Squirming I stared at the recently closed door and groaning fell back against the bed, there really wasn't anything I could do, my body was too drained by my first change to  run after Hunter, I just hoped that he would be okay.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hunters POV

I felt sick to my stomach, I could feel Dais panic, but knew that I couldn't turn around to comfort her. If it was Lukas my squad might be in danger and I wasn't going to be responsible for innocent deaths.

Pulling up to the crime scene had my nose wrinkling. I could smell the blood from inside my car it was putrid with hints of arsenic floated in the air. Coughing I quickly got out of the car and motioned to the men by the crime scene to cover there faces.

"Whats wrong Hunter?" My lead lieutenante Scottie ran up to me a confused look on his face, a Werebear he knew what I was but his sense of smell was not the as good as mine.

"Arsenic." I growled it was I covered my face, " It was probably stabbed into his blood stream.

"Then why did he tear him into pieces." Scottie was growling now too his Russian accent coming through . "Who would put arsenic into a victim that they tore into pieces."

I growled looking Scottie straight in the eyes, " Someone who wanted to kill the police investigating it too." Realization donned in Scotties eyes and I nodded grimly. "Tell anyone whose touched the body to get into quarantine immediately were going to try our best to get everyone out of here alive." Scottie nodded and rushed of to talk to the officers, I grimaced and wished I could just go home to reassure Dai. but at this point doing that might just over stress her.

"Kay Hunter, got them all out." Scottie came running back his chisled face covered in sweat. "Hey whats wrong?"  I looked up at him and couldn't help but smile, bears didn't have the same sense of smell as wolves but they had great empathy towards other creatures emotions.

"I had to leave my mate at home, I'm just worried about her."  Sighing I rubbed my hands against my temple and tried not to concentrate on her worry.

"Dud when did you get a mate?" Looking up I saw Scotties confused look, oh yeah I  had forgotten he didn't know about Dai.

"A few weeks ago, she is at home now with pups." I couldn't help but grin sheepishly knowing that Scottie was going to scowled me for going so fast.

"A few weeks and she is already carrying your pups? Going a little fast aren't we?" Scottie raised his eyebrows at me and tapped his feet against the ground.

"What?" My grin  widened now enjoying messing with his mind. He simply rolled his eyes.

"Ugh whatever just make yourself useful and go and make sure no one comes past the quarantined area. Or out of it, except you because wolves are immune." I grinned knowing that he was muttering the last part under his

"Aye aye captain. grinning I saluted mockingly at him as I turned to head towards the quarantined line to speak to the reporters. I frowned as I got closer seeing a familiar shape.

"Hunter!" The familiar voice called to me from the crowed and I turned to see Murray struggling past the reporters to get to me.

"Let him through he is a detective." instantly the reporters formed a line a started to berate him, but he simply ignored them till he got to me.

"Hunter I need to talk to you." i nodded and motioned for him to follow me bringing him back to were Scottie stood.

"Dude Hunter what part of don't let anyone past the quarantined area didn't you understand." Scotties voice was dangerously low but I just grinned at him.

"All of it. Scottie this is Murray Dai's friend , Dai is my mate, anyway he is a panterien so he is good with the anthrax like I am, but I think he might be useful to the investigation.." I looked Scottie straight in the eyes to tell him that I wasn't joking and seriously thought that Murray could be a big help to us.

"Why would he know anything?" Scottie growled turning to Murray now. Causing Murray to turn and scowl at me.

"You didn't tell him!" Sheepishly I grinned at Murrays anger and shrugged.

"I might have forgotten to tell him really no big deal. Did you check on Dai by any chance?"

"Tell me what?" I ignored Scottie and kept looking at Murray letting him know I wanted an

"Yeah I went by, but didn't knock or anything, she is probably still mad at me." I nodded and opened my mouth to speak only have Scottie  throw his hand over my mouth.

"Enough talking! Now what is going on? I have a wife and kids at home and I don't need secrets!" His voice was a low growl and I winced. I knew his wife a real firey women a Catwere she and Scottie made an unlikely couple.

"Sorry Scottie, Dai is a succubus and her brother Lukas went rogue, anyway he is trying to make her his slave and kill me. I don't think Freya or the kids will be in any danger from him. I do however think that he may behind the killings and I'm sure Murray agrees." Turning to him I nodded for him to speak.

"Yes I am almost positive it's him the smell definitely matches, but I can't figure him out it smells as though he already has his mate, so there is no reason for him to go crazy, I think it might actually be a mental condition." I raised my brows at Murray and he shakily continued" You see as Panther I can see smells and deeds there are different colors a mated couple colors a light lavender while murder is a deep burgundy, his lavender streak is also threaded with burgundy my theory is that he is legitimately crazy and even went so far as to kill his mate." My eyes widened as I looked at Murray, to kill ones mate is essentially suicidal especially for Succubi and Inccubi who only have on life mate, while other species mates can be reincarnated.

"How is he still alive if he killed his mate? " My voice shook, I was a little scared mostly for Dai its only the darkest of magics that could let a mated Inccubus live after murdering his own lifemate. "Why isn't he dead on the ground?" I grabbed Murray by the arms and shook him, as though it will force the answer from him. Sighing he pushed me back and looked me straight in the eyes.

"There is only one way possible, he would have had to made a deal with a Braskuli before hand, meaning it is almost possible for us to kill him, but if we don't he will take Dai." My body shook and I closed my eyes, Braskuli were old gods fallen into evil they were banished by our people the only way known to kill anyone associated with one is to kill the Braskuli themselves as the carry there hosts life force in there very own chests.

"How are we supposed to kill a Braskuli Murray? They are ancient creatures farther past werpups even there is no known way to kill one!" I was panicking it never crossed my mind that Dais torment might be almost impossible to gt rid of, and now she was carrying our pups! How was I supposed to keep her safe against creatures that aren't even known to her kind historically!

"Braskuli? I thought the old ones banished them centuries ago." Me and Murray turned to Scottie whose voice was shaking I could tell he was calculating how fast he could get his family to safety.

"They were." My voice shook as I looked Scottie in the eye. " Only a very powerful hate could bring them here now, take Freya and the kids and leave Scottie, I will call you when its safe." I saw him open his mouth to protest but I raised my hand, " No you can't fight you die and Freya will be devastated she wont know how to live with herself. You have to leave for her and your cubs." Sighing he nodded his understanding as I turned back to Murray. " How do we kill them?"

"I don't know lets go find out." Nodding I fell in step behind him completely forgetting about the grisly murders behind our backs as we slipped under the police tape.