12

- chris' pov -

i stared at the girl in front of me while she looked out at the sunset which was almost gone by now. we weren't dancing anymore. just standing still.

"logan," i whispered loud enough for her to hear me. she turned to face me.

"hmm?" he hummed in response.

"thank you for still talking to me after i acted like a total idiot when i first talked to you that night on facetime." i said making her smile.

"i personally thought it was adorable," logan said making me softly smile.

"oh shut up," i said making her smile.

she smiled and moved her arms from around my neck to around my torso. i moved my hands off her hips and wrapped my arms around her shoulders. i felt her smile as her head was leaned on my chest.

we stayed like that until the sun fully set. she peeled away from me and i let go of her. she seemed upset and that made me confused. do i ask what's wrong or let it go?

logan walked over to the blanket and sat down, taking a drink of water. i stared down at her making her look up at me.

"what?" she questioned.

"you seem off, what's wrong?" i asked laying next to her but still looking at her.

"i just," she started then shook her head. "never mind. it's nothing."

"logan, you can tell me anything," i said trying not to push it

"it's fine. do you want to go home?" she asked.

sadness washed over my face as she looked at me. she noticed and looked away. i didn't want tonight to end, but clearly she wasn't having a good time and wanted space. i needed to respect that.

"that's fine," i said putting the snacks in bags then standing.

logan grabbed the blanket and her other belongings after getting off the ground. we made our way down the hill. logan stayed behind me.

did i fuck up?

did i say something i shouldn't have?

did she regret saying something?

what is going on?

we got to the car and put everything in the trunk. i got stopped her from walking away after i closed the trunk. i grabbed her hand and pulled her back to me.

i wrapped my arms around her body and kisses her head. she relaxed into my body. she held onto me tight like she needed this. i rubbed her back.

"hey it's okay," i spoke in her ear.

"i'm sorry," she said making me question her

"for what logan?" i asked.

"dropping my trauma on you,"

"logan, i'm always here to listen. i care about your feelings and want to help you." i truthfully said.

she just pulled away from the hug and looked at me. she sighed and i questioned the look she gave me by raising my eyebrow at her.

"i will take you home," she started walking to her side of the car and i went to mine.

we both got in and she started the drive to my house. she seemed still upset with herself. i tried to cheer her up, but i didn't know how.

"do you want to be apart of the car video tomorrow? if not it's okay." i said as we pulled into the driveway.

"i will think about it," she smiled looking at me. we sat there staring at each other before she spoke up again.

"thank you for joining me tonight," she said as she fixed her hair.

"thank you for taking me to your spot," i said

"it can be our spot now," i felt my cheeks flush red at logan's words.

"so, will i see you tomorrow night?" i asked

"i think so,"