Café

It was a bright and sunny day. Not too hot, just the right temperature. A perfect scene to go outside. I decided to go out and enjoy the day, even with just my own company, its not like I have friends that are just one call away right? Ah I remembered I dont even have friends.

I packed my things, brought a book and my wallet with me as I set sail for today's journey. As I head out the gentle ray of sunshine greets my skin which brought a boost of serotonin to my system. A light walk to the nearest cafe cleared my mind from all the stress that was piling up in me.

I see kids running around in the park near by, couples having picnics and dates building up memories together. Some are taking their dogs on a walk. As I passed by, I saw a tall man with glasses petting his dog, I want to pet the dog too.

A few more steps then I entered this minimalistic cafe. Their interior was just explicit. Their furniture and decorations are all in right the places, nothing that could make you think of it as an eyesore. I walked to the back portion of the store where a couch was located then placed my things.

As I sat, a worker came up to me in a spark and asked for my order. He then said that it will be served in a few. I adjusted my position and laid back on my seat, which was very comfortable and started reading. It was about a student focusing on her studies to be a successful accountant but then a tragic truth flashed upon her which changed her view in life. Interesting right?

I read and read until I felt an uncomfortable feeling, like someone was staring at me and my movements. I was being watched.

I scanned my surroundings but found nothing suspicious. I decided to continue reading as my order arrived. I paid for it and thanked the waiter with a smile. Stared at the plating appreciatingly before taking a picture of it. It was cute. I ordered a caramel frappe which they added a little twist to it. It was not the normal caramel color but it was blue!

It was suspicious as I saw the other customers who ordered the same thing as mine but theirs was the regular caramel color. Why was mine different?

I decided to ignore it and not drink the caramel frappe and continued reading. Moments passed as I felt the pressuring stares growing heavier. I put down my book to reach for the frappe, slowly bringing it close to my lips but a hand stopped mine. I quickly looked to my side, surprised to see a man beside me.

I didn't felt his presence approaching? Who was this man who just appeared out of no where? He took the drink from my hands before throwing it to the side. He removed his sun glasses before staring into my eyes.

The man with chocolate eyes, scanned my whole body, like he was making sure that I was okay, uninjured, and safe. Why would he do all this to me? A stranger?

Realizing he is still holding my hand, I pulled it forcefully out of his grasp. Thankfully he didn't held it too tight for me to hurt myself.
He took my book that I placed on the table and scanned it, like sum listening devide or bomb was planted in it. How meticulous is this man?

"Hey" i say trying to gain his attention which worked since he looked at me. "Who are you? Why did you suddenly approached me? And please give me back my book, I swear its safe. No wiretraps or bombs or whatever you are thinking is placed in that."

He just stared at me, maybe weighing the possibilities that may happen. A moment later, he returned my book. "So you read The Girl's Obscured Destiny huh? What chapter are you on? The twist was unimaginable!" He said. I watched him stunned, like he...he read this?

"Uhm... I'm still on chapter 27. So far so good. Her backstory was so tragic!" I replied. He chuckled on my comment. "Ah you're at that part where Colan just sh-" I quickly covered his mouth before he could finished.