Dave x Bambi (?) | Shipping-not-so-cute

Hah 🌝 I'm not telling you the genre, that would spoil the "fun" even though its already kinda obvious what this is possibly about.

Sorry for not doing the requests first, I'll have an explanation at the end.

Oh, this is kinda 3rd POV I think, sort of 2nd POV-ish.

___________________________________________

Tristan was ready for bed.

He already brushed his teeth and was already in his pyjamas, but he still wasn't in bed in his room. He was in the living room, sitting on the couch with his other dad, Bambi.

Normally Tristan wouldn't question Bambi being angry or grumpy since its something anyone can see everyday but Bambi seems more angrier than usual, clutching the phone in his hand while glaring at the distance and gritting his teeth.

Tristan curled up on the other side of the couch, hugging his legs while observing Bambi who looked like he was on the verge of smashing his phone (again) but deciding not to. Its a miracle the phone was still in his mercy.

He worriedly eyed his other dad since he emitted a slight red hue of light around him, signifying that he is livid but is still somehow able to suppress it.

Maybe its because he didn't want to lash out in front of his son? Tristan didn't know but still kept quiet.

It's already 9:45 pm, where on earth could Dave be? What is he doing and why isn't he home yet?

.

.

.

Its been more than just 10 minutes, it's now 10:02 pm. Both Tristan and Bambi was still on the couch, waiting for the third person that completes their family whilst Bambi still didn't cool off, not one bit.

While impatiently waiting, Bambi noticed that his son was starting to nod off. Sighing, he faced his son, the anger on his face still not leaving even though his pent up frustration wasn't directed at his son.

"Tristan," he called out to his son, who jumped from how sudden it was since Bambi practically hasn't spoken for hours.

"Wha-- wai-huh??" Tristan looked at his dad with half-lidded eyes, trying to blink away his sleepiness. Bambi then pointed to the direction of his room. "You go get sleep, children like you need to be healthy and well rested. I'll wait for Dave."

Tristan eyed the direction Bambi was pointing at before looking back at him. He yawned and stretched his arms, finally giving in to his sleepiness.

"Alright, if you say so." Tristan stood up and went to Bambi, giving him a hug. "Good night, love you pops." Bambi jolted at the affectionate action done by his son since he wasn't really expecting it. He wrapped his hands around Tristan and hugged him back. "Yeah, yeah, g'night kid. Love ya too." He responded with a slightly shaky voice that had a very faint hint of sadness which Tristan also noticed but didn't question.

Tristan lets go of Bambi with a small smile before stepping towards one of the doors that would lead to his room. Honestly, Dave's house is like a huge maze which explains the many doors and empty rooms but Tristan knows this place like the back of his hands. He lives in here after all.

Tristan closed the door behind him before continuing to go to the direction of his room only to immediately stop in his tracks when he heard the front open the moment he took his first three steps.

He heard the familiar whirring sound of his first dad's wheelchair entering the living room. At first he shrugged it off, deciding that he would rather sleep since he was on he verge of passing out but ...