Chapter 2

I take a seat on the train. Today I decided to let my hair down. Out of pure boredom I get on Instagram. I scroll for awhile before I see a photo of the girl from yesterday. I knew I saw her on Insta!

Looking up from my phone, I observe the people on the train. My attention goes straight to the girl. Her black hair pooling on her sketchbook. She's so focused. The woman next to her looks at me and then at the sketchbook.

"Hey is that the herpetologist lady over there?" The woman says pointing to the sketchbook. "Wha- no uh! No just a random person!" The girl says hugging her sketchbook while shifting glances from the woman to me. The scene makes me giggle.

-After Annes shift

I walk up to my favorite coffee shop when I read a sign saying 'closing due to bankruptcy'. "Wha?" I mumble. The place was never really busy, come to think of it. Still in need of a coffee I search up the closest one to me.

-when Anne gets to the coffee shop

As I walk into the place I'm immediately hit with the smell of coffee. While I browse the screen looking for something to order I hear a squeak from behind the counter. "Ayo Marcy, what you doing?" A worker says. "I'll explain later!"

"Order for Anne!" As I get up to go get my coffee, I realize that the worker behind the counter was the girl on the train. "Have a nice day!" I smile at the girl which her response is to quickly run to the back room.

"Well ok.." "Sorry about her, she's really embarrassed about what happened on the train." A coworker said. "Oh that's fine, I wish I could see the drawing! I saw some of her work on Instagram! Hope you have a nice day!" If only I could see it.

-At Anne's apartment

I sit on my couch. Lost in my endless abyss of thoughts. I still haven't caught the girls name! "Mroow." "Hi baby Frog!" Frog climbs into my lap and begins to fall asleep. Just me and my thoughts again isn't it? I stroke Frogs fur. "Oh Frog, doesn't it get lonely when I'm away for work?" I mean before Frog I was really lonely. "I'll adopt you a buddy sooner or later."

-the next day

I find myself running through LA. "Crap crap crap!" The time is 8:29, my train leaves in 1 minute! As I enter the station I hear "Please keep clear of the closing doors." Thats when I panic.

Right as I make it to the train it's doors close. "Nooooo!" I flop down on the bench and bury my face in my hands. Someone flops on the bench next to me. "Oh no, no no no!" That voice sounds familiar. I look over to see who also missed the train.

It's the girl!