Prologue

She walked quickly through the reduced-to-ash corridor and came across a very dusty and ash-coated sign. She took a sharp inhale of the muggy air and ran towards it, jumping and wiping what she could off of it. The sign read;

Library of Dreams

She stared at the sign for a little bit, then decided to go inside, her senses immediately invaded by the smell of fresh books, very bright lighting and shiny decor, the gentle singing of birds outside the window, the taste of now clear and cool air.

Unlike outside of this place, it's pristine. Outside the doors, it's a wasteland. The once glorious palace was burnt down, except for this room. The library was very large, thousands upon thousands of shelves arranged in alphabetical order laced the walls. It was almost as tall as it was long, and the girl found herself leaving the apocalyptic land behind her and into this beautiful book oasis. She journeyed over to the F - I section and found "Fitzgerald" labeled there. She took the book labeled Vanessa "Fitzgerald" and scoured through it; her eyes wide with curiosity.

The sound of people barking at her then woke her from her astonishment and she started running as soon as she saw palace guards charging toward her. Just in front of the girl, a rift opened, and she fell through, screaming until she landed into soft grass.