adella's hands shook as she reached behind her to the small dinner table and grabbed a glass, smashing it over the side of hopper's head before she ran out of the cabin. hopper ducked from the pain and stood back up as vecna, wrinkly and covered in snake-like vines which slithered up his neck and shoulders.

the dark sky seemed to grow redder as adella swerved through trees and fog. she eventually came to a stop when the scene changed into the place max had drawn. it was all red, pieces of the broken house that belonged to victor creel were floating above her. a clock chimed and she span, turning her chin up to look at the grandfather clock which hovered above her.

"it's your time... thirteen." vecna taunted, walking far behind her.

adella ignored his words and went to run further, spotting fred, chrissy and patrick snapped back against large trees that seemed to be made of the same vines as the upside down. she inhaled sharply at the sight of their dead bodies, their eyes rolled back and vines crawling out of their open mouths. a shiver ran through her and she turned again, choosing to run in another direction. she had to pretend to run away.

vecna twitched his fingers and a vine curled around adella's ankle and yanked her across the dirty floor. she screamed as she was dragged through the mug and grime before she was slammed back onto a tree, more vines strapping her arms down onto the trunk. she choked on the last deep breaths he could take as another vine slid around her neck, restricting her airflow slightly.

vecna stood in front of her, "it's your time to join me, thirteen."

"no." adella choked out, a tear rolling down her cheek which he wiped away with his long claw.

more contact. that's all she needed.

vecna placed his hand over her face and her chin snapped back, her eyes staring upwards as she prepared for her plan to go wrong. the distant sound of a piano tune caught her ears and vecna looked over his shoulder at the portal that began to open. adella looked, too and saw her real self floating, her walkman now playing as robin and her friends stood under her, calling her to try and help her come back.

is this the real life?
is this just fantasy?
caught in a landside,
no escape from reality

adella closed her eyes and tried to think of the happiest times she possibly could in her life. el came to mind. making eggo extravaganza's together, watching new tv programmes which helped el learn english. doing el's makeup for the snowball and how excited the young girl was that she could see her friends again properly with no evil beings around.

open your eyes,
look up to the skies and see,
i'm just a poor boy, i need no sympathy,
because i'm easy come, easy go,
little high, little low,
any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to
me, to me

adella thought of steve, how, after apologising for the shit he used to pull, he turned out to be one of the best friends she could have ever hoped for. she thought of always having to help him with his maths homework when all she would do was guess them. having movie nights together when hopper was out or his parents were and yelling at the tv when the characters did something stupid that got them easily killed by the villain.

mama,
just killed a man,
put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger,
now he's dead
mama, life had just begun,
but now i've gone and thrown it all away
mama, oooh,
didn't mean to make you cry,
if i'm not back again this time tomorrow,
carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters