Step 6: Punished by the Bad Boy

Caleb sat on the couch in his room with an ice pack on his ankle. He was watching the Barbie Rapunzel movie and eating some Totinos pizza rolls that Peter had brought him.

He thought of Wally and a stab of pain shot through his chest. Without Mary Sue or Benson to spring him out, would he ever see his dog again? What was going to become of Caleb now? These people were actually insane.

There was a knock at the door. Who could it be?

The door opened and Donovan walked in. He wore a white button-up shirt and ripped jeans. He hadn't shaved that morning, so his stubble was darker and more manly. What was he doing here? 

"We have to address what happened last night," Donovan said. He reached into his back pocket.

Caleb gulped. Was he going to kill him?!

Donovan pulled out a set of handcuffs and jerked Caleb to his feet. Caleb gasped in pain from his ankle. Donovan handcuffed his hands behind his back and shoved him to the floor. Caleb landed on his knees, barely managing not to faceplant.

"Wait!" Caleb pleaded. "It was all Mary Sue's idea!"

"You have to learn your lesson, Sweet Cheeks. You belong to us now." Donovan reached down and unbuckled the belt from his jeans.

"Don't. Call me. THAT!" Caleb shrieked.

Donovan's face was stony as he walked around Caleb in a circle. He snapped the belt together a few times. "Now, now. I don't like this any more than you do."

"What are you doing?" Caleb asked. He felt tears start to well up in his eyes.

Donovan squatted in front of Caleb and held his chin in one hand, tilting his face from side to side, considering. He remained expressionless.

Caleb squeezed his eyes shut to stop himself from crying, but his tears spilled over and ran down his cheeks.

Donovan sighed. When Caleb looked up at him again, he had both hands over his eyes and was trembling. What? Caleb had never seen a bad boy act like this.

"I'm sorry, Caleb," Donovan blubbered. "I tried to be tough but I can't do it." He uncuffed Caleb and shoved the belt into his hands. "When I heard you laugh at all the times when my dad beat me, I totally lost it. But I never thought of how sad you would be here. And I never meant to hurt you. I see now that you were right about me all along. I was the type of man who yells at a chick after taking their virignity. And now I'm a kidnapper as well.

"I know you can never forgive me. I've been a real bad boy and I deserve to be punished."

Caleb looked back and forth between the belt in his hands and Donovan, who was kneeling before him, head hung in shame. He never anticipated this. Donovan wanted him to punish him? What did he mean by that?

Caleb put a hand on Donovan's shoulder. "I can tell that you've been alone so much in your life that it feels like all your life you've been alone. I think you deserve a bit of pampering."

Donovan looked at Caleb with watery eyes. "Really?"

"Yeah." Caleb smiled. "But first you have to get me back home."

"Alright!"