I had a few Muslim friends in high school whom I keep in touch with to this day. To ward off any evil spirits or evil intentions, they say Masha'Allah to be cautious of the evil eye.

It has always stuck with me, and I know how much it meant to my friends whenever someone complimented them.

The girls' eyes light up and the smile she sends is nearly blinding me. I mirror her facial expression and give her another hug.

"May Allah reward you," Samira grins and gives me a squeeze before letting me go. I hug Yassmine as well and blow them a kiss, before taking off and walking towards Malcolm.

I look down at my phone when a message has entered and I see it's from dad, wishing me all the luck on our show tonight.

Mom and dad left after Dallas, back to California. Mom pressed a kiss on my cheek and told me she'd be visiting soon.

Meaning that she wants to have a talk about Ares, but she's giving me time to gather myself.

"There you are," Malcolm sighs when I approach him. Imani sends me an apologetic look from behind him and playfully rolls her eyes.

I contain a chuckle from escaping my lips.

"Now, let's go."

"Are you ready?" I ask Kyle with a grin, right before I'm going on stage

"Are you ready?" I ask Kyle with a grin, right before I'm going on stage. My earpiece is in and wired on my clothes.

I became more comfortable in my clothing and confident. Sasha and I sat together and went through some new options for me to wear on stage.

And I'm loving the new direction we're going in. I glance down at my clothes once again.

 I glance down at my clothes once again

(without the gloves)

"I was born ready," he grins and slides on his sunglasses as an effect. During the show, I'm going to invite Kyle up on stage so we can perform Darkest Hours.

Caleb passes us, putting his earpiece in.

"You ready?" he asks me. I nod. "I'll be on stage right with you," I tell him.