Chapter 47

Bruno

I woke up from a dreamless sleep to a morning of sunlight and blue skies, with the hope that it was going to be this wonderful all day. Warm was her bare skin on mine under the covers where we lied. Unmoving, she had her head sprawled on my chest. Playing with a lock of her hair, I couldn't think of a better scenario than this.

She stirred after a moment. Immediately, I put my hands off her and with an amused expression, watched as she moved, losing grip of sleep. She tipped her head up only to have her face right at mine. The instant I saw those eyes, I lost it. "Tell me I'm not dreaming this," I mumbled, my voice still not in the best condition considering I had just awakened.

A smile broke across her features. "You're not," she spoke, the aura of sleep weighing her eyelids.

.

The sizzle of foods frying, the steam swirling up from our mugs of coffee and a Paul Anka song softly playing on the radio brought the kitchen to life at eight in the morning. Faye was busy on the stove, frying some bacons and eggs, her hair escaping from a bun and my long white sleeve shirt that I had worn last night keeping her clothed. Meanwhile, I was sitting at the island counter, sipping from my coffee and enjoying the sight of her. God, if You're listening, waking up every day to this kind of morning would be great, I secretly prayed.

"Need any help?" I offered.

"No. I'm quite alright," she said, giving me a short glance and a beam.

"It would be nicer if you dance to the music while you cook there," I teased, imagining her moving her hips to the beat.

"Bruno, you pervert," she groaned.

"What did I say?" I shrugged chuckling.

"Screw you!" she shouted, stifling a smile.

I stood up from my seat and said, "I'm gonna check on G."

I stormed towards the living room, finding my Rottweiler sleeping on the couch. "Geronimo!" I shouted, waking the poor creature up. "Get off that couch," I chided.

The dog leaped off the couch and circled around me. "How many times do I have to tell you not to sit on the couch?" I was saying as I bent down and petted him. "Are you hungry?"

He answered with a bark.

"I'll get you some dog food, but first, where's the remote?" I went to my feet, looked around and spotted the remote control atop the center table. I grabbed it and turn on the television. "Wait here while I get you food," I commanded to my pet, setting the remote control back on the table before turning to leave—

Something stopped me. "Gabrielle Perez was found dead in her bedroom this morning..."

The world went out of sync. In a snap, everything beautiful that morning smashed to smithereens. I did the best I could to turn back around and see what I should've seen coming if I weren't so hasty with my decisions.

"It has been said evident that the model has committed suicide by cutting herself on the wrist..."

I looked at the screen in incredulity. Gone was the hope of a wonderful day. Gone was the perfect picture of a morning of steaming cups of coffee, sunlight peeking through the curtains and the delicious smell of breakfast dancing through the air. I forgot the feeling of having to wake up right beside Faye and how much I thirsted for it for what reigned in my heart now was sorrow and anger towards myself.

On the screen were photos of her bedroom revealing the aftermath of the incident.

"She was seen last night having dinner with his boyfriend, singer-songwriter, Bruno Mars on a yacht for the celebration of her 26th birthday..."