Thirty two

'Is everything alright Virat?' it caught her eye about how nervous and uncomfortable he was throughout their journey back home.

She didn't want to disturb him while he was driving so she stopped herself until they reached home.

'Yeah I'm fine. Shall I cook something for us?' he asked.

'Vami said she'll come in the evening. So let's cook only for two of us. I'll help you.' she said as she walked into the kitchen along with him.

'It's ok, I'll do it.' he said.

'No let's cook together, just like old times.' she stated. He gazed at her intently until she could no longer take it.

'Shall we begin?' she asked making him break the gaze.

'Yes. Do you remember the recipe of-'

'Vegetable paella.' she said as she interrupted Vi.

It was their dish. After eating it at an restraunt, they wanted to have more but didn't want to look odd infront of the staff. So on the way home they bought the ingredients needed and made it for themselves.

From then on, it has become their comfort dish, tool to spend time with each other.

Both of them were well aware that they were just one step away from reconciling.

Nush just wanted to hear an apology from him saying that he didn't really mean to blame her and then she was ready to apologise for going away and to confess that she missed him terribly all these years.

Vi was gathering courage to let his heart out and apologize to her and promise that he would never hurt her again and keep his girls the happiest.

They were just ONE step away.

'How did your therapy go?' asked Nush as she was chopping vegetables while Vi was pouring the boiling rice mixture into a casserole dish.

'I didn't attend it.' he admitted.

'What? But why?' she asked and somewhere inside she felt that he might have met Rits and that's why he's disturbed since then.

'I- I spoke to Rits.' he confessed.

So along with the Sharma siblings the Punjabi Bros have met too, she thought. With the only difference being the latter's conversation wasn't a happy one.

'What happened?' she asked as she placed her hand on his shoulder to keep him comfortable.

'They hate me Nush.' tears ran down his face as he said it.

'No, they won't hate you. Calm down Vi.' she hugged him and began patting on his back.

Vi let his tears flow and wrapped his arms around her. It made him feel safe.

'She might have been overwhelmed as she saw you after so long. But I'm sure she doesn't hate you.' Nush assured as she know it for sure because she has spoken to Ro just a while ago.

She thought that Rits's initial reaction was the same as how Nush reacted to Ro.

'It's all my mistake. And I've lost you, Ro and Vami because of it. And Mahi bhai had to lose bhabhi and their unborn child. I promised him that I'll be the best chachu to his child but what did I do? I killed the baby.' Vi sobbed.

'No it wasn't your fault Vi. Not your fault at all, it was just an accident.'

'And I let them think that I didn't trust him. And you- what did you even do Nush? Except than being by my side when no one else was there? I blamed you for something you aren't responsible at all. And because of that Vami is also suffering.' Vi let his gaurds down.

'It's alright Vi. Yes, I was so angry with you each time you fought with me and each time you blamed me. But how could I leave you? I was so selfish. I only thought about my mental peace and not about you and Vami.' Nush let it out.

'I am the sole reason for all this Nush. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I know it won't be easy for you to forgive me but it won't be that hard as well right?' he pleaded and she got what she wanted to hear.

'I'm sorry too Vi, for going away leaving you. I know it would take time for us to become our old selves. But in the process let's be together with each other.' she said.

'Yes, and this time I'll prove to be worthy.' he caressed her hair before planting a kiss on her forehead.

'I've missed you all so much all these years. And mainly you and Ro because you left me because of my fault while Ro, it wasn't his fault at all. He lost so much and the worst part is that he thinks I don't believe him. I want to meet him and say that I've always trusted him and he should have asked me before going away. I want to be with him and you Nush.' he cried his heart out.

In that moment he let out all the sorrow, pain, guilt that he stored in his heart for two decades.

And she decided that she should set things right and that would be the only way she'd be able to forgive herself for deserting him when he needed her the most.

He might be able to forgive her this easily because he missed her for those two decades and he knew he was at fault and was the reason she behaved so.

But how could she justify her actions? What would she tell herself? He was hurt and distraught because he was separated from both his brothers and he was involved in Sakshi being in coma.

But she was alright, wasn't she? How could she just leave him as he was blaming her instead of trying to help him come out of his pain. And for that she could never forgive her, except until she reunites him with them.

She knew reaching Mahi bhai and reconciling wouldn't be easy at all. Because he's filled with hatred against Vi while Ro and Rits who have the same feeling against him for not trusting Ro.

She consoled vi and put him to sleep and reached out for her phone to find that address she noted down a whole ago.

How is this chapter?

Is it going organically or do you thinks it's unnatural? I need atleast 10 responses on this one guys.

And for those who said that they trust me in the last chapter and in PM's thanks a lot guys ❤️

I wrote this chapter already but I'm so nervous about how you'll react.

But your assurance motivated me to update this.

Pls drop ur honest reviews on this chapter.

See you all tomorrow.

Also what do you think would be the key point of tomorrow's chapter?