Chapter 2: Night 2

2022, 03, 31

"Say cheese!" Sonic smiled, showing off his teeth, "Cheese!" He winked before Amy snapped the picture. Sonic smiled, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, "You're beautiful, as always." Amy blushes, giggling, "Oh you~," She said, playfully.

"Once we get back home I'm gonna frame this with a vase full of flowers beside it." Amy exclaimed, puffing her chest out in excitement. Sonic placed his hands on her shoulders, "You're so extra." They both look at each other before laughing together. Sonic grabs Amy's cheek gently before giving her a kiss.

Sonic wakes up yawning and stretching, instead of laying down on the beach he was in his bed, "Was that all... a dream?" He mumbled looking at his side, empty... but instead there was the brown teddy bear, "It wasn't." He frowned.

He sorely smiles at himself, "I miss you.." Was all he really needed to say, before faltering his expression he stares at the picture of him and Amy. Smiling as they held each other close.

He decides to not sleep anymore, taking the cover off of him he jumps out of his bed. Taking a deep breath, he yawns, stretching his body. Groaning in delight he rubs his eyes.

As he walked over to the kitchen, ignoring the pictures that still presently hung on the wall he made himself a small bowl of cereal.

When he placed the bowl down a note caught his eyes, the white paper was taped to the table, red ink littered the page, 'Date with Silver at 10 a.m!!! - Rouge' Sonic smiled at the note before finishing his cereal.

After he washed the plate he looked at the time, "Shit! It's 9:47!" He quickly runs to his bedroom, getting ready for his date. As he places his comb down on his dresser, the doorbell is rung.

"He's here." Sonic mumbled to only himself as he grips onto the door handle and twists the knob; opening the door. There standing by the front porch was Silver. He was obviously nervous, shuffling on his feet as he looked down with a faint blush on his face.

As the door opened, with hesitation he looked towards the other. Connecting eye-contact, Sonic could see the bouquet of flowers in his hand. He smiled, "Are these for me?" Sonic inquired.

"These are for you," Silver replied, handing the flowers gently into the hands of the other. Sonic hugs Silver in return, "I appreciate them, Silver." Silver blushes, nodding in embarrassment as he holds Sonic closer.

As the part, Silver looks at the azure hedgehog, "I know a really cool place, the arcade."

Sonic's eyes glisten with a spark, Silver felt a weird sensation welling up in his stomach. He tries to pull it away, to no avail his face becomes redder.

Sonic perks up, looking at Silver, "Hold on, I'll be right back. I'll place these in a vase." He voiced a smile pure on his features. Silver nods, understanding.

As Sonic walked back holding onto the flowers, he smiled. Lilies, Orchids and all kinds laid lifelessly in his hand. And so, he places them in a vase he had just filled with water. Placing the flowers he puts it on the middle of the table.

Sonic walks back to the door where Silver was patiently waiting. He grabs Sonic's hand before guiding him towards the nearby arcade in their neighbourhood. Sonic's never been to this part of his town. Although he can run as fast and even faster than the speed of sound. It doesn't necessarily mean he travelled everywhere.

When Silver stopped in front of a bright neon building Sonic knew they were there now.

Silver lets go of Sonic's hand looking behind himself to stare over towards Sonic, "We're here now." Sonic nods in acknowledgement and follows Silver into the building. Loud blaring sounds and music could be heard around. Except it wasn't as bad as you could think.