CHAPTER 3

I knew who it was, how couldn't I. We were friends after all. "Friends, really?" a little voice in my head said sarcasm prominent in it's tone. "You really are in denial!" It said again mischief and pettiness laced in its voice. "Guess him choosing Acat over you REALLY messed you up, huh?" "He didn't have a choice!!" A little, more kinder voice in my head said. "JUST LIKE HOW WE DIDNT HAVE A FUCKING CHANCE" The crueler voice yelled. "WE NEVER HAD A FUCKING CHANCE, NEVER, NEVER IN ALL THE YEARS WE KNEW HIM OR ALL THE TIME WE SPENT WITH HIM DID WE EVER HAVE A FUCKING CHANCE" The cruel voice screeched out. "WERE THE SECOND CHOICE, WE ALWAYS WERE!!" " No..." The kinder voice said, timid and in denial. "He got with her because people said they would look good, he doesn't like her!"

Right?

I snap out of it as HE strides in on Colmillio's back. He tilts his head up and gazes at me for a second before stopping and jumping off of Colmillio's back and planting a large banner into the ground. In the background, I can hear the army yell "FOR TECA!!" and heard them getting into position. "Great king and queen of teca! Please, allow me to introduce myself!" HE yelled as strode closer to the temple. And to me

" I am Zatz, The Prince of Bats!"

ZATZ POV

I introduce myself to the kingdoms while taking off my helmet. The crowd swoons over my face, but the only thing I can focus on is my old "friend" and the regret and guilt I've been hiding for choosing Acat over her. Still, I push on and continue to speak.

"I am but an emissary for Lord Mictlan!" I state. The kingdoms gasp and I see a man faint from the corner of my eye. I walk closer to the palace to subtly try to get a better look at (Y/N). I gaze into her stunning eyes that glistened in the light of the sun, it's hard but I can still see the girl I grew up with. The same little girl who I would train with. But I also see the pain in them, a torturous pain that I alone had inflicted.

A paint that could have been avoided if I hadn't been blinded by our plan to overthrow Lord Mitclan.

ITS ALL MY FAULT

THEIR ALL MY FAULT