Chapter 7: First Day of Classes and Learning about the Dorms!

"Ah. You must be my new homeroom students. Hm, that's quite the unusual coat of fur. Do make sure that you arrive properly groomed." Crewel told the students, catching a glimpse at Mika who smiled at him and Stella. Seeing the girl smile at him, he gave them a quick wink and a small smile back.

He then introduces himself, "My name is Divus Crewel. You may call me Master Crewel. And this is my familiar Stella. Now, take your seats. Class is about to begin. We're going to start with the basics. And by that, I mean beating the names and distinguishing characteristics of one hundred herbs and poisons into your tiny brains. The mycelia are another matter. But eventually, I'm hopeful you'll be able to take a walk without putting anything poisonous into your gaping maws. For now, I realize you have all the self-control of voracious hounds. But I will not abide a single student failing this class. Expect to be drilled accordingly."

Deuce looking at the book, "Huh. So... does anyone know what a mycelia is?" He asked.

"Mycelia also known as Mycelium is a root-like structure of a fungus consisting of a mass of branching, thread-like hyphae. Fungal colonies composed of mycelium are found in and on soil and many other substrates. A typical single spore germinates into a monokaryotic mycelium, which cannot reproduce sexually; when two compatible monokaryotic mycelia join and form a dikaryotic mycelium, that mycelium may form fruiting bodies such as mushrooms." Mika replied, which confused Deuce even more.

Ace scratched the back of his head, "I've never been one for like, memorizing what things are, ya know?"

"All I care about is how to tell the yummy plants from the yucky ones," Grim said.

An hour passed and the bell rang, Crewel announced that class was dismissed and mentioned homework. Mika puts her bag around on her shoulder and walked over to Crewel with the boys watching in confusion.

What is she doing? They thought.

"Professor Crewel," Mika called the teacher who looked up at the girl with a smile.

"Ah, the cute Lil pup. I'm glad to see you wearing the uniform I made you." He told the girl.

Mika smiled at him, "Mm thank you it fits like a glove. Now, this is for Stella." She said handing him the container of Pokémon kibble.

"Oh. Thank you, I'll give this to her for lunch. What do you say, girl?" He asked, looking at his Furfrou.

The poodle Pokémon barked, "Fur-frou."

"You know, I'm reminded of my own Furfrou except mine is male," Mika stated.

"Furfrou? Oh, it's Stella's species name correct?"

The girl nodded, "Yup, you see Furfrou has nine different forms."

"Forms? What do you mean?" Crewel asked.

Mika shook her head, "I mean that Furfrou can have their hair trimmed in nine different forms." She responded as she took out Ro and showed everyone the different styles. The forms are Star, Diamond, Heart, Pharaoh, Kabuki, La Reine, Matron, Dandy, and Debutante Trim.

"My, how wonderful!" Crewel cheered in awe of the different trims.

"Furfrou!" Stella agreed.

Mika smiled, "Right, and this is my Furfrou in the Debutante Trim." She said, pulling out a picture of her Furfrou.

"How darling. Did you take yours to the salon or trim his fur yourself?"

"Hmmm, sometimes to the salon but since people post online videos. I learned and trimmed my Furfrou's fur myself now."